Digital Marketing Director at BCC Software (Rochester, NY)
BCC Software is the leading postal and presort software solutions provider. With 40 years of industry experience, we are dedicated to ensuring that all of our software products and marketing solutions are always ahead of the curve and compliant with the latest USPS® regulations.Job Description
In this role, a forward-thinking leader will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing marketing campaigns that promotes BCC Software’s growing product and services across all our customer base and prospects. Working directly with the Leadership team, they will play a major role in enhancing brand awareness within our very loyal customer base and driving new solutions both to our website as well as our experienced sales team.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the marketing team in identifying and evaluating customer and marketing analytics to optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media and display and search advertising. Coordinating our annual users’ conference as well as selecting our participation in industry trade shows are just a piece of the responsibilities of the selected candidate. Working collaboratively with key department heads such as Operations, Sales, Product Management as well as our parent company, BlueCrest will be a strong key to success for this individual.
This role is also responsible for supervising the personnel and output of the Marketing department while working closely with the President and VP of Sales to define the marketing strategy and take the lead role in executing that strategy.
We are very proud of the relations established with our many customers who look for our support during the changing times of print communications. We look for a leader who can enhance our continued growth and market leadership in this space. This is an expanding role with internal growth opportunities with a financially sound subsidiary of a $600 million parent company.
- Manages staff and day-to-day output of Marketing department, in the development and implementation of offers, format, creative and segmentation strategies for customers and prospects to increase response and conversion rates. Manages major ongoing projects in collaboration with internal department teams.
- Develops marketing staff through professional development and learning opportunities.
- Manages and drives the development and successful completion of marketing initiatives. This includes (but is not limited to) creating new collateral, direct mail campaigns, promotional pieces, targeted communications, advertising, media relations and other marketing activities.
- Provides marketing guidance/leadership to various internal departments on the focus and direction of current and future marketing activities to ensure overall marketing efficiencies, customer retention and new customer acquisition.
- Establishes/grows and maintains effective working team relationships with internal departments to identify, analyze and develop successful marketing strategies/unique selling positions.
- Actively participates in website development and maintaining content. Defines and manages online marketing. This includes (but is not limited to) e-mail campaign management, lead generation, search engine marketing and promotions to maximize business and marketing objectives.
- Establishes and guides overall standards for BCC Software’s creative communications elements (using templates and style guides as appropriate), both inside and outside the Marketing Department. Serves as primary liaison between Marketing and other departments on new project planning and internal department coordination. Offers input regarding creative approaches utilized in communications initiatives from other departments.
- Writes and oversees writing of copy for all appropriate projects. Ensures all copy and art direction work cohesively and meets overall standards and requirements. Editing / proofreading duties to include enforcement of rules regarding grammar, punctuation, industry terminology, and USPS trademarks.
- Directs output of outside creative vendors.
- Maintains familiarity with mailing industry marketing incentives/initiatives.
- Five or more years of professional experience, including progressive project-management.
- Background in advertising, public relations, or marketing fields.
- BA/BS in communications, marketing or similar field.
- Strong analytical abilities to analyze market data, trends and metrics.
- Creative with experience in identifying target audiences and developing engaging and informative content.
- Financial planning experience for budgeting purposes and optimizing spend.
- Ability to work both as a self-starter and as team member.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- MS Office experience required; experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or comparable graphic-design software preferred.
- Mailing industry experience preferred.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.