Digital Marketing Analyst at Matter
Digital Marketing Analyst - Boston or Newburyport, MA or Providence, RI
Matter is an independent and thriving brand elevation agency unifying PR, social media, creative services, search marketing and digital marketing. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse industries, including technology, healthcare consumer and professional services. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ worlds so that we can develop and execute strategic, content-rich campaigns that inspire action and build value through measurable results.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing a team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to use data driven insights to fuel digital marketing growth across a wide range of B2B and B2C clients. We need a self-starter that can analyze data across brand and acquisition campaigns, dive into site analytics/optimization, perform complex attribution configurations/audits and communicate insightful recommendations to clients.
- Build strategic and tactical foundation for data-driven marketing efforts across key clients.
- Collaborate across teams to develop measurement strategies/plan and execute
- Dive into large data sets to clean and integrate data from various sources (media, site, CRM)
- Develop insights and communicate recommendations to clients- including cross-channel (media, search, email, social) to provide holistic view of marketing channels
- Provide and present the data-driven recommendations to key decision makers
- Create and maintain digital reporting dashboards for multiple clients
- Serve as an internal resource for all marketing and digital analytics – including analytic tools, set-up and configuration of complex attribution models illustrating the full customer marketing journey through Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and other relevant analytics platforms.
- Collaborate across internal teams including media, social, search, creative and account
- 3-5 years of experience in analytics within agency, brand-side or ad tech company
- Strong critical thinker and problem solving skills
- Intellectually curious with a passion for data and emerging trends
- Creative thinker on how to use data or solve client challenges with data
- Experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders at a variety of levels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills
- Expert with Excel (pivot tables/vlookups) and/or other data analysis tools
- Expert-level knowledge of digital data analytics technologies (Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, DMPs, social media platforms, ABM platforms, site tagging etc.)
- Experience with data visualization
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with full data attribution models and conversion event tracking in Google Analytics.
- An understanding of the data flow from the data layer through Google Tag Manager to Google Analytics and how to identify and properly configure tagging inconsistencies.
- Expert-level experience of Google Analytics with complete understanding of enhanced ecommerce, segments, audiences, product lists, custom dimensions and events.
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.