About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
The Digital Content Marketing Strategist will be creating written content, articles, and scripts, with a deep understanding of SEO and algorithm strategies, along with web and digital platforms, to strengthen our website and other media by delivering our company story and information to multiple audiences and demographics. Responsibilities include helping lift, create and maintain Torc’s digital brand through engaging content in a variety of forms, with a strong emphasis on communicating our key messages and amplifying our mission and vision. Works with the entire content and marketing team to provide clear, results-driven metrics and insights.
- Create compelling written content for featured topics/opportunities on our website and external presences including recruitment sites.
- Production, research, and writing of articles, video scripts, infographic copy, and so on for regular dissemination on website and social media platforms according to best practices.
- Work with communications team, developers, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team to plan and implement updated website content, brand/style, and layout.
- Work closely with visual content creator in development of creative assets and with social media manager and others to grow and maintain Torc’s online social networking and digital media accounts (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) to help achieve marketing goals.
- Partnering with Marketing and Communications team members, internal directors and managers, and external stakeholders, create marketing or promotional content for social media outlets and digital media distribution.
- Ongoing and consistent review, measurement, and optimization of the content, for Company mission, vision, integrity, and documentation.
- Regular monitoring and analysis of competitor websites to stay competitive and up-to-date with industry best practices and promotions.
- Assist in the monitoring of online web reputation and thought landscape, including monitoring for inappropriate or abusive comments.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- 3+ years of experience in content strategy, creation and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or other related fields.
- Strong writing skills, with a knowledge of writing for various platforms and SEO.
- Well versed in WordPress.
- Proven experience with Google analytics, keyword tools, and social platforms.
- Deep SEO understanding (including web traffic metrics), content categorization and structure, content development, distribution, and measurement.
- Knowledge of paid social advertising with innovative use of audience targeting, content, and creatives.
- Creative mind-set with the ability to conceive interesting ideas and new approaches to establish successful content.
- Experience in creating content for technology fields or interest in autonomous vehicle technology a bonus.
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation, and collaborative style.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, and maintain programs and initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism.
- Experience in creating content for technology fields or interest in autonomous vehicle technology.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to come up with creative ideas.
- Ability to solve problems swiftly.
**This role may be supported remotely in the US with travel as needed to Torc locations in Blacksburg (HQ), Austin, or Albuquerque.**
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team and we work to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Stock options
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Generous paid-time-off pool of hours
- Flexible schedule
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment