Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) Digital Communications Contractor based in the U.S. to join our growing Social Media team.
The Digital Communications Contractor will help us scale Reddit’s organic social media program, which currently has over 3 million followers across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. You will keep a pulse on the most important and interesting trends happening both on Reddit and other platforms, and translate these insights into highly shareable social media content for our Facebook and YouTube channels. Your role will be to mine for interesting moments across Reddit, create and share content that will be seen by millions around the world, and engage directly with our followers.
An ideal candidate is an editorial-minded, social media and online community manager who is an Internet culture connoisseur. You have a deep understanding of the nuances between social media platforms, content trends, and a sixth sense of what our followers want to see and care about. In addition to these traits, you have excellent communication skills, a great sense of humor, and can think about content from both a strategic and creative perspective.
This is an exciting time for Reddit. We’re growing quickly, innovating daily, and aggressively tackling our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world. Our Digital Communications Contractor will help get the best-of Reddit in front of potential new users.
- Help manage our established Reddit Facebook (1.7M followers) and YouTube (170K subscribers) channels, ensuring we are fostering quality engagement and positive relations with our followers.
- Mine Reddit for amazing moments and share directly to Facebook; work with our creative services department to package Reddit content into compilation-style recaps for YouTube and other channels.
- Build upon Reddit’s organic social media strategy based on current business objectives, helping to maintain our social media content calendar.
- Ensure the content strategy meets our ambitious channel growth goals without compromising creative integrity.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of key events across the news and other social platforms, make real-time recommendations for our social media channels based on trending topics.
- Monitor mentions of Reddit across Facebook and YouTube, identify overarching trends or issues, and escalate to relevant internal teams.
- Measure, analyze, and improve content performance on a range of metrics to ensure we’re building best-in-class content experiences that perform well and delight our followers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 2-4 years of related work experience strongly preferred (social media, digital strategy, content curation)
- Proven experience with social media and editorial best practices
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Reddit’s never-ending rabbit hole of awesome communities
- Business-oriented with the ability to understand marketing data
- Precise, typo-free, and creative communication skills, both in person and in writing
- Comfort with basic image editing and graphic design principles
- You are intellectually curious and display excellent taste and judgment
- You are a positive, straightforward, and effective communicator
- Ability to write punchy copy on the fly for a wide variety of content
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].