DevOps Product Marketing Manager at Okta
Do you love DevOps and all the ways DevOps automation can improve the lives of developers while also caring deeply about protecting user identity? We are seeking an enthusiastic, technical marketer to join Okta’s Developer Relations team as a Product Marketing Manager, focusing on DevOps. If you love storytelling, creating & executing on GTM plans, and have hands-on experience with DevOps tooling and technologies (examples are CircleCI, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.), this might be the perfect role for you!
Okta’s goal is to become the authentication and authorization service developers choose to manage their apps, infrastructure, and APIs. We believe that Okta’s software and APIs enable developers to create great experiences for their users, and we want to help solve their challenges in this space.
As a DevOps Product Marketer, you will work on Go-To-Market plans, create decks and storytelling tracks to help Sales Readiness, Customer & Partner Readiness, internal Marketing and PM stakeholders. You will also help create Positioning and Messaging frameworks in conjunction with our Research and Developer Advocacy teams. The ability to create great decks and presentations is critical to succeeding in this role.
Amplification of our DevOps message will be very important as well, and you will help manage Display ads & demand generation, along with participating in DevOps communities to land the Okta Identity and DevOps message.
Our team is committed to making identity management available to developers of all backgrounds. We embrace diversity and inclusivity in our work and communities. We’re spreading awareness of Okta and enabling developers to do what they love: write, code, and learn, while protecting their users in the process.
- Be attuned to DevOps community pain points, expectations and needs and be able to synthesize and communicate them in an actionable way - especially when this relates to Identity use cases.
- Develop and implement use case and product messaging and positioning for Okta’s DevOps and Developer products, working cross-functionally to execute.
- Leverage product usage and other data to drive investment decisions for ads & demand generation
- Deliver key messages that enable our marketing execution team and PR agencies to execute relevant digital and event-based campaigns and programs.
- Work on content for 1st-party and 3rd-party events, internal presentations, and hackathons
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and awareness of tools, systems, projects, and products that are known or emerging leaders in the DevOps ecosystem. Maintain good awareness of all relevant competitive products.
- 2+ years of product management, solutions marketing or product marketing experience for an enterprise-focused software, SaaS, or web services company.
- Experience working with and marketing to a developer audience.
- Strong understanding of the DevOps space. Hands-on DevOps experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Developer space. Hands-on development experience is a plus.
- Excellent slide deck creation skills
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Proven track record of creating product messaging and content
- Project management skills, can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. MBA a plus.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Additional helpful skills and experience
- You have an in-depth understanding of technologies and practices relevant to DevOps and Cloud: e.g., microservices, containerization, infrastructure as code, IaaS and Paas, etc.
- Experience using and automating on major IaaS and cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Understanding of modern API methods including RESTful and JSON components
- Strong understanding of micro-services and related architectures
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.