Dealer Success Specialist at Edmunds
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
As a Dealer Success Specialist (DSS), you will work in partnership with a regionally aligned sales team to ensure the overall health and retention of our automotive dealer customers. Your mission: help dealers sell more cars and our sales people acquire and retain them as clients. You’ll be the primary point of contact when a dealer signs up for our services and will work closely with sales to retain their business. You will be expected to support onboarding new customers, proactively reach out to maintain and improve their health and ensure their Edmunds digital marketing presence is optimized for success. You’ll establish trusting relationships with dealers and show the value of the Edmunds program to make them customers for life.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and grow long-term, trusting relationships with a range of contacts at assigned dealerships (buyer/signer, implementer, stakeholder, etc.), including the highest level in each organization (e.g., General Manager), to deeply understand their business goals and help them achieve maximum success on our program
- Serve as a first point-of-contact for customer issues; diagnose and resolve concerns
- Proactively monitor and consult with dealers on any activities or breakdowns that may adversely affect their Edmunds performance. Escalate risks or roadblocks for the dealer as needed to ensure an expeditious resolution
- Promote, communicate, and train dealers on the full suite of Edmunds products
- Provide meticulous and detailed documentation for all activities in Salesforce
- Consistently meet and even exceed goals and objectives while fostering a standard of excellence within the team
- You’ve got to be great at working with lots of different teams and keep lots of moving parts organized. While you’ll be partnering with a number of internal teams on behalf of our dealer partners, it’s up to you to keep things organized and ensure that progress is being made.
- Interacting with non-technical and very technical individuals can be difficult, you will need to have great customer support communication skills in order to satisfy our internal customers and external dealers and vendors.
- You can tell a great story. It’s important to provide the right context and justification for changes you will be suggesting to your clients to improve their performance.
- It’s easy to get bogged down in our support function, you will need to figure out how to balance your day to day processes, various initiatives, and putting out fires as they arise
- Dealing with external contacts who aren’t technically savvy or familiar with Edmunds products can be challenging. You will need to have lots of patience and love empowering people with knowledge as ensuring our dealers are successful on our products is a key function in this role.
- You love to be in the know! Staying up to date with OEM and Industry trends is an important part of being successful as a Dealer Success Specialist.
What You Need:
- You’re a people-person! You love talking to people and building lasting relationships.
- You can also communicate difficult concepts to non-technical players (speak to the layman)
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to build solid relationships with vendors, dealer partners, and internal teams to provide excellent customer service
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills. You’ll need to partner closely with your team and other internal partners to successfully support large regions of business
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Solid analytical skills in order to visualize, articulate, understand and tell stories through using data (data doesn’t scare you)
- Desire to take initiative and think of solutions for problems that you may encounter (own it, Sparky)
- Solid judgement and critical thinking skills. You love to solve complex problems.
- Can easily manage multiple tasks in a well-organized and highly detailed manner while working in a fast-paced, perpetually evolving, relationship-driven environment
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel, working with spreadsheets and formulas
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.