We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for an Email Marketing, Associate/Email Marketing, Senior Associate to join the Growth Marketing team whose work will center on campaign execution including ad-doc blast campaigns, journeys, email strategy, and best practices. The Growth Marketing team is focused on growth, acquisition and retention of Coinbase customers, working hand-in-hand with product & engineering teams to achieve our ambitious targets. You will help define CRM strategies and end-to-end campaigns in support of product initiatives, align internal stakeholders, and push for execution in service of bringing Coinbase’s products to millions of customers around the world.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- You will execute ad hoc campaigns across email and push (scaling to additional channels in future) -- primarily these will be product-focused campaigns but also including education, news and regulatory info
- You will help define the customer communication strategy and CRM roadmap to achieve ambitious acquisition, engagement and retention goals
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders, including engineering, design, legal, finance, business, and regional teams, bringing ideas to life that spearhead product adoption and drive usage
- You will execute thoughtful experimentation to unlock high-impact campaigns, and leverage automation to maximize engagement & retention throughout the customer lifecycle
- You will analyze campaign results, make recommendations & implement changes based on key findings
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- You have 2+ years of CRM experience including email, push notification and other CRM channels
- You have extensive experience building and executing complex CRM campaigns with multiple stakeholders
- You have a solid understanding of basic HTML for email, email best practices & industry standards
- You are comfortable setting up & executing campaign experiments (A/B, MV) to track business impact, analyzing the data and extracting key insights
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are a strategic thinker that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create an actionable plan
- You are very comfortable working cross-functionally and cross-culturally, a self-starter and a quick learner
Nice to haves
- Basic or intermediate SQL skills for audience segmentation
- Technical degree or extensive experience working in fast growth startups/tech companies
- Familiarity with: Litmus email testing tools, Git, a variety of ESPs (Iterable, SendGrid, Braze, etc.)
- Experience of setting up mobile push and SMS campaigns
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.