Creative Marketing Director at GitHub (Remote)
The Creative Marketing Director (CMD) will work across all aspects of the corporate marketing team to conceptualize and develop brand, product and internal campaigns and videos that integrate Video, Shop, and/or Event priorities. The CMD is (initially) a highly-collaborative IC role working with the GitHub brand, PMM, IDM, Customer Marketing and Market Development teams to ensure consistent and impactful corporate marketing program execution.
- Translating company and marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and briefs
- Creating integrated film/video-led programs or campaigns around company, product, community, brand and/or leadership themes, announcements or initiatives
- Assisting with the ongoing maintenance, development and evolution of the video, shop, and events brand
- Helping to define and develop campaigns around Hubber belongingness and recruitment
- Collaborating with social, site, docs and other teams to optimize content and campaigns around key distribution channels
- Developing “bigger ideas,” plans, and content that tie thematically connected initiatives together programmatically
- helping the corporate marketing team move faster creatively, and keeping our wit & whimsy alongside the burgeoning strong enterprise message (including relevant content positioned for CIO, CTOs, and security audiences)
- Working closely with multidisciplinary brand, product, and / project teams based on the assignment
- Ensuring GitHub brand and visual standards are met at every touch point
- Overseeing creative execution for select corporate marketing led programs, from concept to production, ensuring every touch point is aligned with our DDOM and maximizes program impact
- Aligning with Marketing Operations to design and build in appropriate analytics and ensure we can report out on effectiveness of each program
- Leading and/or support the development of cross-team experiential initiatives and online promotional programs including customized, website content, scavenger hunt-like actions, immersive digital and IRL programs, etc.
- Overseeing successfully implementation of deliverables, timelines and budgets
- 10+ years relevant experience with a portfolio of compelling, engaging and impactful campaign created for software developers and enterprise customers
- Extensive film / video experience as a hands-on executive producer / director across multiple genres, styles and tone
- Sophisticated understanding of broadcast and social distribution platforms and how different content, tone, and messaging can be customized for different platforms
- Deep understanding of the software developer community, tools, technologies and workflows
- Ability to navigate competing priorities, prioritize resource appropriately and mitigate associated challenges
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage production challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A born collaborator and team player who also feels comfortable owning the outcome and driving decisions
- Willing to take chances and push the envelope to create something new, compelling and wonderful
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $84,300 to maximum $178,900 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.