We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Creative Team is dedicated to making Instacart one of the world's most beloved and recognizable brands. Through outstanding design across brand, marketing, and storytelling, our goal is to evolve the world's perception of our relationship to food and grocery shopping—and make sure that shines through every Instacart experience.ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for a Creative Director, Marketing to join our growing in-house creative team. Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, you’ll lead our creative teams in bringing to life world-class integrated marketing campaigns.
As a creative leader, you inspire and empower teams to do their best work. You’re driven to create compelling work, grounded in strategy and focused on the long-term objectives of the business. You can listen with empathy, explain the “whys” behind decisions, challenge the status quo, and represent your viewpoints with conviction.
This role balances the responsibilities of running projects, leading concept development, and rolling up your sleeves to work out the details. Whatever the brief, you seek to build an authentic connection with audiences, through the best expressions of the Instacart brand.Responsibilities
- Drive excellence across work, pushing creative concepts and inspiration to express the Instacart brand across marketing channels and campaigns
- Manage and bring inspiration to a team of designers and writers, from concept to execution
- Partner closely with Marketing Teams to understand strategy, business goals, timelines and planning, while being a strategic voice for creative
- Translate marketing briefs into creative direction, ensuring final creative delivers on the needs of the business
- Participate in and help facilitate Creative and Marketing design brainstorming, ideation sessions, and concepting
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners through the implementation phase to realize creative vision
- You are equally passionate about craft and strategy
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You are a great thought partner with cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent and clear communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- 8+ years experience in creative direction in-house or at creative agency
- 8+ years of experience in managing brand, design, and/or creative projects
- 8+ years of experience managing a team of creative designers and writers
- Meticulous sense of detail
- Demonstrates the ability to work confidently and build trusted partnerships with Marketing, Creative, and Product
- Strong portfolio and demonstrated experience of creative marketing campaigns
- Ability to understand and discuss business strategy, related to creative
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent in process improvement and identifying opportunities to create sustainable and scalable solutions across a diverse range of projects and platforms
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.