F1000, part of the Taylor & Francis Group, is a trailblazer in rethinking scholarly communication by combining the opportunities offered by technology, with a passion to reinvent how research can be validated and shared. We champion openness and transparency to rapidly deliver knowledge to the benefit of all, by providing services and ultimately a range of choices to researchers, institutions, funders and scholarly societies, that facilitate collaborative and efficient ways of doing research and delivering impact.
Taylor & Francis have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join the F1000 Corporate Communications team as a Corporate Communications Specialist. Working in a newly established team with a strategic communications focus, you will contribute to the promotion of open research and F1000Research and F1000’s partner platforms, such as Wellcome Open Research, Open Research Europe and Gates Open Research, in international markets. Working across communications channels and closely with the Senior Corporate Communications Manager, this is the opportunity to work on integrated global communications campaigns as well as to contribute to strategic communications planning.
F1000 is committed to publishing and promoting research that informs and influences at every level of society, from medical practice through to government policy. A well-crafted communications campaign is often the driving force behind a key piece of research achieving significant impact. To help us in this ambition, we are looking for a driven, creative candidate who can effectively work with internal and external stakeholders.
Closing Date: 7th July 2022Job Description
- Proactive campaign development and support – work with the wider Corporate Communications team to develop and execute integrated proactive campaigns, activities and announcements that support broader company objectives, from tactical short-term opportunities to long-term campaigns. This will include writing/developing news releases, news articles on F1000.com white papers, Op Eds, blogs, briefing packs and conference submissions.
- Reactive press office management – Support the day-to-day reactive management of the F1000 Corporate Communications function. Respond to journalists and other stakeholders in the press office, manage queries and review requests to determine the best course of action. Draft reactive responses, liaising with relevant colleagues, for sign-off by the Senior Communications Manager and manage requests and enquiries end-to-end for the best possible outcome.
- Trend tracking and insight – watch trends that affect our business and are of general interest to our audience and use insights to inform our communications activities. Learn how to use Social Studio and enhance external communications monitoring streams.
- Counsel and advice – Support the press office team to provide day-to-day counsel and direction for incident management communications, to ensure consistency of messaging to internal and external audiences. Work to establish yourself as a trusted advisor to key internal contacts from across the business.
- Cross team planning – help plan and co-ordinate activity across the broader Corporate Communications team, including managing and contributing to the strategic communications grid, working into the Senior Communications Manager.
- PR data generation - support and help manage industry surveys and their PR outputs, working closely with the Senior Communications Manager.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced press office environment either in-house or at a PR agency or similar fast-paced service orientated role.
- Understanding of the UK media landscape and the ability to build key relationships with relevant media.
- Experience of landing successful proactive campaigns and content creation.
- Experience of handling reactive enquiries and crisis management preferable.
- Excellent writer, with some experience writing reactive media statements, Op Eds, press releases.
- Experience of using data to create evidence-based, compelling stories.
- Logical, curious, detail-oriented – ability to analyse complicated situations and communicate them in a clear and understandable way
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- 3 additional discretionary days leave for Christmas
- 4 paid volunteering days annually
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
This opportunity can be located anywhere in the UK, you must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom.
T&F has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the office, at home remotely or somewhere in between.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.