Corporate Communications Manager at Yelp (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:24 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 14, 2022
Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. As a trusted source of information on local business, millions of people turn to Yelp every day to make decisions about where to spend their money — from where to eat, shop or stay, to which healthcare, home or local service provider to use, and beyond. Yelp is seeking a corporate communications manager to drive the strategy and execution of Yelp’s corporate communications program. As a core member of our growing communications team, this person will be responsible for communicating Yelp’s corporate narrative to business and financial press, including identifying opportunities to tell impactful stories by leveraging company news, as well as product and business milestones that reinforce Yelp’s corporate strategy. We are looking for a communications pro who has strong experience and relationships with financial, policy and business press and excels at working collaboratively to develop messaging for subject matter experts in business and technology, under deadline.
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will work with internal and external partners to develop proactive PR campaigns, storylines and reports that emphasize Yelp’s overarching corporate narrative, including workplace, ESG and business development initiatives.
- You will identify opportunities to develop and advance thought leadership campaigns through media relations, speaking engagements and awards.
- You will build and maintain strong relationships with business, financial and industry press.
- You will prepare press and communications materials including messaging and talking points, statements, pitches, press releases, blog posts, and presentations.
- You will respond to inbound press inquiries on issues related to Yelp, including crafting messaging and statements, and developing background information to support balanced reporting.
- You will prepare, media train, and staff spokespeople for press interviews, as well as speaking engagements.
- You will ensure compliance with SEC regulations on matters related to external communications and public relations.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 6-8+ years experience in communications, with a focus on corporate communications; Bachelor's in communications, journalism or a related field.
- You are a collaborative team player: experience driving projects cross-functionally and working effectively with internal partners.
- You are relationship-driven: you’ve built strong relationships with reporters, and you’re not afraid to pick up the phone to pitch and get feedback.
- You are results-driven: you know what outcomes you’re aiming for and how to measure success.
- You are a storyteller: you know how to build a story with the right ingredients, how to ensure an accurate and positive outcome, and have a track record for landing high-impact features.
- You are media-savvy: experience managing stories with reporters on-the-record, off-the-record and on-background.
- You have the ability to quickly ramp-up on an issue, while juggling multiple deliverables with agility and grace.
- You are the Master of the written word: obsessing about your writing is a point of pride, whether it’s a press release, reactive statement, messaging, pitch, or blog post.
- You are a self-possessed communicator: ability to use your verbal and presentation skills to effectively and diplomatically advance a position with key stakeholders.
- You are a proactive problem-solver: you think two steps ahead, anticipate questions and issues before they arise, and take initiative.
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
If you don’t intend on receiving a COVID-19 vaccine and don’t qualify for an exception to a vaccination mandate under applicable law, please do not apply for this role. You are welcome to apply for roles at Yelp that don't require vaccination.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
CCPA Privacy Notice
More Information on Yelp
Yelp operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and New York, NY. Yelp was founded in 2004. It has 7236 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 162 open jobs at Yelp, click here.
Read Full Job Description