Copywriter, Brand and Social at Capital One (Washington DC)
Copywriter, Brand and Social
Senior Associate, Copywriter - Social and Brand
Capital One Brand Creative is looking for an experienced Copywriter to bring our brand to life across different social media and content channels.
Yep, we're a Fortune 100 finance company-credit cards, banking products & services, and best-in-class technology-but we don't write like one. Copy is intentionally simple and transparent so people feel at ease on their financial journey. If you're comfortable writing with this voice and tone, and want to help us Change Banking for Good, we'd love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Write. No surprise there, right?
- Across an array of digital channels, you'll craft messaging for current customers, those we've just met, and ones we want to bring on board. Everything from headlines to post copy to video scripts and storyboards to translating legalese into user-friendly language.
- Brainstorm big concepts one day and tackle detail-oriented projects the next.
- Collaborate with a lot of smart people.
- Work with your team-art directors, creative directors, brand and marketing strategists.
- Work with your partners-internal marketing and line-of-business.
- Create marketing that cuts through the noise.
- Use strategy to inform your creative decisions.
- Understand the importance of integrated thinking across channels, products and audiences, while staying true to the brand.
- Learn from consumer insights and let them influence your work.
- Be willing to push the process and mindsets of others to create great customer experiences and strengthen our brand.
- Get stuff done. On time. Every time.
- Manage multiple deadlines on numerous projects happening at the same time.
- Deliver error-free work, using best practices with keen attention to detail.
- Listen to and incorporate feedback.
- Determine when to use existing solutions or start from scratch, so you can invest your time where it matters.
- Understand the goals of a project, take direction well, and ask questions when you need clarity.
- Present your work in a compelling way to create support across different audiences.
WHO YOU ARE
You want to be an EVIDENCE-BASED MARKETER.
- Your curiosity is endless. There's always something else to learn.
- You're flexible and not afraid of change-in fact, you welcome the challenge.
- You share your point of view but seek out what might be missing and listen.
- You have big ideas and know the best ones are driven by proof, persistence and patience.
- You're a storyteller. You simplify the complex and compel your audience to act.
- You know how to enjoy yourself. While fun isn't mandatory, it certainly seems to follow you.
- You care-about the work, your team and the customers you serve.
- At least 2 years of copywriting or creative writing experience
- Portfolio of your creative work
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- Experience in one or more of the following marketing areas: Social Media, Campaigns, B2B, Experiential, Performance, or Direct Response
- Experience in the financial services industry
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $99,500 - $113,600 for Sr. Associate, Brand Copywriter
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).