As a Conversational Marketer you’ll interact with our prospects and customers on the front lines to help them understand AlertMedia 's products and qualify them for our sales team. You’ll also assist with data analysis and cleanup, lead distribution, and reporting. This role is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate or someone newer in their marketing career who wants to join a hyper-growth tech startup.
As one of the most exciting start-up companies in Austin, we are focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth.
Who you are:
You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about creating positive customer experiences and have a roll-up-your-sleeves approach with a willingness to support the team and business. You love to learn and bring a data-driven approach to iterative improvement.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Manage inbound website chats and email responses with a customer-centric, positive attitude to help qualify prospects for the sales team and route support questions to customer success.
- Leverage existing CRM data and other 3rd party platforms to qualify inbound leads and route them to the appropriate sales team members based on predefined assignment rules
- Perform due-diligence research on prospective customers as needed
- Follow up with the sales team to ensure distributed leads were contacted
- Perform data updates and cleanup Salesforce and Marketo to ensure proper tracking
- Track and report on inbound chat leads
- Proactively provide suggestions and areas of improvement to optimize the inbound marketing process
- Explore, recommend, and test new ways to engage with prospective customers as part of a full-integrated marketing plan
- Remain educated on the AlertMedia product in order to accurately answer customer questions and qualify opportunities
- Work on other marketing projects in collaboration with team members across multiple disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or Business/Business Analytics, but any major will be considered so long as it’s accompanied by an aspiration to contribute to a growing, busy Marketing team
- Prior internship or other experience with exposure to marketing automation and CRM applications preferred, and/or aptitude and desire to learn new software systems quickly
- Strong writing and editing skills, with ability to write creatively with minimal direction
- Prior customer-facing or customer service experienced preferred, and/or aptitude and desire to interact with customers, helping them answer questions and learn about how AlertMedia can help their organization
- Ability to work cross-functionally with teams across the company and effectively communicate with them
- Ability to stay calm, collected, and professional under pressure
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.