At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting and fully automated ordering to food retailers across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste generated while simultaneously maximizing sales and expanding margins for grocers—a triple win for suppliers and retailers, consumers, and the environment.
Shelf Engine is searching for a talented Content Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team. In this role, you will work with multiple teams across functions to help elevate our brand within the grocery retail industry. Key objectives in this role are to help Shelf Engine drive awareness, generate demand, and engage prospects through great storytelling and content. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and executing our content calendar and bringing our brand stories and solutions to life. You will become a customer expert by studying and deeply understanding our personas and what makes buyers tick. You’ll create scalable and repeatable processes for content creation and distribution. You'll work alongside experienced marketers and report directly to the Head of Marketing in a collaborative, fast-paced, and supportive environment.
This position is based in Seattle, WA, or remote.
As a Content Marketing Manager at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Support the planning and execution of our content strategy
- Project manage the content creation process
- Plan, write, and publish a variety of marketing materials for every stage of the buyer's journey
- Review, edit, and improve content written by fellow marketers and other stakeholders at the company
- Ensure that all content adheres to our brand and style guidelines to maintain consistent messaging
- Develop a scalable process to engage internal and external subject matter experts to create long-form and short-form assets, including written, video, and visual content like case studies, interactive websites, infographics, blogs, and guides
- Partner with our sales and demand generation teams to create short-form content for landing pages, integrated marketing campaigns, and email nurture campaigns
- Partner with PR and digital marketing teammates on content distribution
- Partner with design and social media leads to create social-first and social-only content to drive increased engagement across key channels
- Analyze content performance across Pardot, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
- Exercise your communication and influence skills presenting and interfacing with stakeholders at all levels
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- You embrace our company principles: make the first move, make better decisions, be furiously curious, commit and deliver, have empathy, invent solutions, be authentic
- 3-5+ years of experience in a content marketing or editorial-related role
- You're a writer at heart and have exceptional marketing communication skills conveying a message, building belief, and eliciting action
- Experience working in a high-growth or start-up environment (SaaS or B2B space is a huge plus!)
- Experience working within a website CMS (WordPress experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with SEO, analytics, and inbound marketing concepts
- Excellent project management, organization, and collaboration skills
- Proven experience creating and distributing content that drives business success with measurable results
- Channel-specific content knowledge (YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Meta) along with web and microsites
- You’re flexible, enjoy variety, and are willing to take on different roles/responsibilities as business needs evolve
- Strong creativity - able to come up with original ideas for everything from blog posts to promotional campaigns
- Possess self-confidence, perseverance, a sense of urgency, and considerable attention to detail
- Knowledge of the grocery retail industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Figma is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field
- You are authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
What Shelf Engine offers you:
- A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing sustainability startup early on, making a meaningful impact on the team as well as the environment
- An inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth
- Competitive total compensation for the role
- Pre-IPO equity with a four-year vesting schedule
- PTO that is unlimited and self-managed for full-time employees
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, and 50% covered for eligible dependents
- Coverage for life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and access to a robust Employee Assistance Program
- Optional employee contribution of pre-tax dollars to medical and dependent care FSA accounts
- 401k plan through Guideline to contribute to your financial future
- Seattle only: Company-paid ORCA transit card
Please note, employees will need to provide proof of vaccination in order to access any of our offices or to attend company events.
At Shelf Engine, you will join a team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry to make change in an untapped industry. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but also tackling key initiatives with significant environmental impacts. Our team is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.