Content Marketing Manager at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a passionate Content Marketing Manager to join the Content Marketing team in New York, a cross functional group dedicated to helping entrepreneurs flourish. You'll plan, produce, write, edit, and manage content pieces for the Squarespace blog, MAKING IT, and for other content marketing channels. You are a collaborator who has deep experience in educational content strategy and production, and can analyze performance metrics and identifying opportunities for amplification and distribution.
Our product platform serves a variety of users, ranging from small business owners to artists and students. As such, you'll contribute content against a range of briefs, and help in the creation of insights-driven long and short-form digital content that is universally original, authentic, informative, and importantly, SEO friendly.
This role is based in our New York headquarters and reports to the Senior Manager, Content Marketing. All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe and flexible office environment.You'll Get To…
- Pitch and write engaging educational content as assigned in the Squarespace tone of voice that shows an understanding of our audience and what they need to be successful.
- Manage editorial through an approval process that includes multiple stakeholders, working hand-in-hand with Squarespace's internal Creative Team and leveraging an internal and external contributor network of writers and creators.
- Write engaging content in the Squarespace tone of voice that demonstrates an understanding of our audience and what they need to be successful.
- Work with the team to develop additional content for webinars, e-books, videos, newsletter, whitepapers and more.
- Ability to gather analytical insights to demonstrate what is and what isn't working on our content channels.
- Leverage holistic understanding of Squarespace's market position and product portfolio.
- Contribute to the future state of Squarespace as a leading content brand.
- You have 5+ years experience in content creation across multiple formats, including how-to content, video scripts, articles, web/digital marketing copy and long-form pieces like features, guides and whitepapers.
- You have exceptional editorial skills: an understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives in different content formats, guide contributors, and keep creative work streams on track.
- You make decisions based on data and set quantitative goals.
- You are a strong collaborator.
- You are well-versed in publishing content in a CMS.
- You have effectively leveraged third-party sites, skill learning platforms, communities, etc. to engage audiences via contextually relevant content integrations.
- You welcome feedback, can easily revise content based on stakeholder feedback, are accustomed to speed, and motivated by a fast paced and high performing team.
- You have an editorial taste level and style synonymous with leading brands in digital content and visual storytelling.
- You possess a journalistic eye and process to evaluate what makes a story a story.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform with everything to sell anything, providing customers in approximately 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to sell physical products, digital content, classes, appointments, reservations and more. Powered by best-in-class design for a consistent brand experience across all touchpoints, our suite of fully integrated products enables anyone to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California, and Chicago, Illinois.Our Commitment
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.