Content Marketing Manager at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We are looking for a content expert with demonstrated experience leading content initiatives from start to finish, strong writing and editing skills, and a passion for creating compelling content for technical audiences.
Reporting to the Director of Content Marketing and working with the Product Marketing and Revenue Marketing teams, the Content Marketing Manager will take ownership over key content initiatives, suggest new content opportunities, and take a hands-on role in producing content ranging from blog posts to whitepapers and videos. As part of a small but growing content marketing team, the Content Marketing Manager will play an integral role in defining and growing DigitalOcean’s content strategy.What you’ll be doing:
- Grow DigitalOcean’s blog readership by managing the blog content calendar, writing blogs for a developer and SMB audience, and editing contributions from other DigitalOcean team members
- Identify opportunities for and lead the execution of new content marketing initiatives such as whitepapers, ebooks, podcasts, or video series
- Work closely with Product Marketing and other marketing teams to identify and create compelling customer case studies for multiple mediums (blog, email, video, etc)
- Collaborate with other content marketing team members to define and enforce the DigitalOcean voice & style guidelines
- Working with the Demand Generation team, identify areas of opportunity for search optimization and produce SEO-focused content
- Report on the success of key content marketing initiatives and implement data-driven changes to improve content performance
- Become an expert in the cloud computing and developer spaces, suggesting new content topics based on current trends
- 5-8 years in a content-focused role, with a proven track record of overseeing content marketing initiatives with demonstrated business results
- A passion for writing and editing medium and long-form content, with excellent storytelling abilities, editing instincts, and grammatical skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once and work cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met
- The ability to write on technical topics for multiple audiences, including developers and small businesses
- Ability to generate reports on key performance metrics and clearly communicate the results
- Experience writing SEO-optimized content and knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience creating content for a technical, developer-focused audience is a plus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!