Udemy is the world's largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
We are seeking an experienced, talented, and highly motivated Content Marketing Manager to join the SEO & Site Experience team and drive Udemy's content marketing efforts. You should be obsessed about the user, their journey, and meeting them with the best experience they could hope for. You should have a broad understanding of the differences between marketing channels (e.g: search, social, emails, notification, etc), and you are a master of content, storytelling, and how to extend content reach across channels. As a Content Marketing Manager, you will have to think creatively and strategically, you should have strong analytical skills, attention to details, creative thinking, and are able to effectively drive complex projects end-to-end. You are self-motivated and feel comfortable working autonomously. You are able to foster strong relationships with partners and cross-functional teams, and align workflows with multiple stakeholders . The right person is a hands-on go-getter, who is scrappy and excels in a high pace, goal-oriented environment.
What you'll do
As the Content Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for planning and generating content that will drive users from search engines, social platforms, and Udemy's marketing channels, driving not only new user acquisition but also existing user retention. As part of your role, you will own end-to-end the performance of Udemy's blog, from generating briefs to uploading the content on wordpress, and you will collaborate cross functionally with marketing and product leads to define a variety of content marketing strategies to drive business results. You will be working with instructors, content agencies, and internal creative teams to generate high quality, winning, content and continuously analyze to identify optimization opportunities .
You will be reporting to the Director, SEO & Site Experience while working closely with Marketing, PR, Product, Engineering, Design, and other internal teams to help identify and seize key user engagement opportunities.
The Content Marketing Manager duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan content marketing strategies to grow Udemy's reach and user engagement
- Manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of impressions, traffic, leads, and sales
- Produce high-quality website content, blog articles, videos, email marketing messages, case studies, presentation content, infographics, and data/survey reports
- Create an editorial calendar, delegate tasks, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Optimize content considering SEO, user engagement, and conversion goals
- Collaborate with media and social teams to ensure effective distribution and strategic amplification of content for maximum reach and business impact
- Work with marketing channels leads, develop and execute campaigns to drive engagement with content
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Content Marketing, Growth Marketing, SEO, or related field
- Extensive editorial and social media content development experience and a solid understanding of SEO, and user experience principles
- Significant experience in achieving audience growth and executing on fast-moving content projects across multiple channels, incl. web content, social media, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, etc.
- A skilled project manager and content strategist that is able to manage multiple projects and juggle priorities
- Highly-collaborative team player who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience managing a remote team of freelancers in various time zones and working with content agencies
- Clear, effective communicator-verbally and in writing-with the ability to be build compelling stories
- Proficiency with WordPress, Google Suite, SEO and content analysis tools such as, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Clearscope, Conductor, and possess a basic understanding of HTML
Nice to have
- Bachelor's or Master's in business, marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline
- Experience in both B2C and B2B Content Marketing
- Experience in implementing a CMS
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with automation
Compensation structure for Colorado based candidates:
Minimum Salary: $85,000 + Equity + Benefits (see below)
Salary is only one component of the total compensation package when joining Udemy. Our package also includes:
- An employee stock purchase plan
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Disability and life insurance
- Pre-tax savings plans
- 401(k) retirement plan and an annual match of 25% of your contribution ($500 annual cap)
- Paid time off
- Progressive well-being benefits like a membership to Maven, a platform to support parents, access to free therapy and coaching sessions, unlimited access to a financial advisor, and a free membership to Headspace.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice .