In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for driving the launch and evolution of the Sprout community, as a key pillar of our overall customer experience. You will leverage the community platform to establish, nurture and facilitate meaningful connections and engagements with our audience. Part of your responsibilities will include moderating conversations and interactions in the community, executing and operationalizing community-centric experiences, and thinking of creative ways to nurture the community as needed. You will also be responsible for developing strategies to help leverage the community to amplify the other pillars of the overall customer experience.
We're looking for someone that is a gifted communicator and creative multitasker who is able to build meaningful relationships with different audiences, bringing value to every customer interaction. You are passionate about scaling our customer community while maintaining tangible brand and cultural experiences. You recognize the role that the community plays in the overall customer experience, and are passionate about helping customers maximize the value they can derive from Sprout - be it via facilitating meaningful conversations, events, or sharing best practices and tactical advice that can help customers gain mastery over the Sprout platform and also achieve social sophistication. As a self-starter, you can work collaboratively and independently to execute new ideas and projects and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You are a data-driven critical thinker and are able to establish basic frameworks to measure business impact and use those frameworks to track progress, draw insights and recommend strategy.
If you enjoy driving customer value, and building and nurturing communities that drive business results, are collaborative, strategic, action-oriented, lead with influence and excited about helping us scale our award-winning culture, we'd love to talk with you.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 4+years of experience in a customer-facing role, with proven expertise in virtual customer relationship building
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology
- Experience using community management platforms like inSided, Influitive, Khoros, etc.
- Experience with launching and managing virtual events
- Experience using webinar software tools like Zoom, GoTo Webinar, etc.
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Owned community experience managing a customer community for a B2B SaaS company
- Familiarity with social media marketing, social media marketers and the social media marketing tech landscape
- Tech Stack: Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics
Within 1 month, you will:
- Experience Sprout's in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout's approach to community management, and how it ladders up to the larger goals of the customer marketing team.
- Meet with members of the community, and customer experience team and the larger customer marketing team on a 1:1 basis to understand our work, the customer journey and team responsibilities.
- Be well-versed with the Marketing and Brand Creative process and rituals (i.e. how we get work done), learn our Agile framework and understand how to effectively plan for work to get done.
- Familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of our community management platform
- Start driving select engagements on the community
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups, team meetings, and marketing rituals
Within 3 months, you will:
- Get to know your peers and key stakeholders across Brand Creative, Marketing Ops, Product Ops, Content Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, Social media and Customer Support to understand current working relationships.
- Develop a cohesive moderation strategy, in partnership with colleagues on the community team
- Establish relationships with power users of the community, and drive specific initiatives to leverage this audience for enhancing overall community engagement and business impact
- Identify and test specific opportunities to optimize community engagement and learning experiences via new content and formats
- Establish a basic reporting framework to actively track day-to-day community KPIs and metrics
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you'll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth
- Develop and execute strategies to support other pillars of the customer experience via the community
- Socialize analytical findings and recommendations internally to inform optimizations to community content and strategy
Within 12 months, you will:
- Influence quarterly and annual goals for engagement and business impact of the community as it relates to overall customer marketing goals
- Help prioritize efforts and resources to maximize the impact and reach of community market expansion
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change your team in beneficial ways that we haven't even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We're proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment-your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement .
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.