Communications Manager, Security & Privacy at Robinhood (New York City, NY)
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
Robinhood is looking to hire a Communications Manager to support our Security & Privacy organization's thriving employee community! This person will partner with business leaders and cross-functional teams to craft and own the organization's internal and external communication strategy around Security & Privacy matters. You will help reinforce our top value, “Safety First,” across the organization by driving the Security & Privacy editorial calendar and managing all internal communication content and channels. You will also manage the external PR strategy for any security or privacy related topics. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, good business judgment, strong intuition, and experience managing strategic communications and employee engagement in a fast-paced environment.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop clear narratives and message maps for Security & Privacy leaders
- Drive communication channels, content strategy, and calendaring for Security & Privacy, both internal to the function and for security topics reaching all Robinhood employees
- Provide executive communications support and counsel to leaders
- Coordinate and manage organizational programs and events, including the Security & Privacy All Hands
- Support internal communications and external PR during complex, ambiguous, and dynamic situations
- Write and edit announcements and leadership messages, as well as priority updates for the organization
- Coach and prepare speakers for internal and external programs
- 7+ years of experience in communications, both internal and external
- Experience in crisis communications
- Experience with security and privacy communications is a plus
- Experience building relationships with the media, internal stakeholders, and company leaders
- Experience managing programs, events, and organizational changes
- Eagerness and aptitude to learn and explain broad subject matter quickly
- Expertise with information and collaboration apps
- Track record of cultivating community in work, school, or volunteer settings
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).