Communications Manager (Dapper Sports & Studio) at Axiom Zen (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:05 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, June 18, 2022
We’re looking for a Communications Manager to support our Head of Strategy, Product Marketing and provide additional support to the Communications, Growth, Partnership, and Community Teams. This role will be central to our communications efforts across Dapper Labs’ Sports Offerings. You’ll serve as a central point of contact for company communications assets, work cross-functionally with team members across the organization on projects big and small to help reach our audiences and communities with important updates, and support key partner and partnership communications. You are driven, operationally detailed, a team player, self-disciplined, and organized. This role requires the ability to balance multiple day-to-day assignments, navigate media inquiries, prepare press materials and briefings and provide media coverage reports to both Dapper Sports' communications and various partner teams.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate possesses enthusiasm and dynamism, an understanding of blockchain/NFT (and a strong appetite to build on that knowledge!), high-level writing and editing skills, and a successful record of handling strong press relationships and knowledge of B2B and B2C communications. We are looking for someone eager to grow as part of our team and able to flourish in the fluidity of the role.The role will be seen as a communications generalist and must interact seamlessly with a broad range of individuals including members of the leadership team as well as key external partners. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle sensitive and confidential institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion. Experience working across or strong knowledge of sports and gaming focus areas is preferred. We need someone who has a passion for brand voice on sports, gaming, and entertainment content.
What success looks like:
- Cultivate excellent professional relationships with colleagues, partners, industry influencers, and media with an emphasis on sports, gaming, news, and entertainment
- A creative mindset to craft consumer-facing pitches for content on Dapper Sports
- Excellent digital and traditional media strategist, understanding how Dapper Sports' online presence can improve its reputation
- Diligence in written and verbal communication, with particular care to tone and verbiage, producing a consistently high standard of materials for press and other partners
- Develop positive relationships with the communications and partner teams across the region
- Provide streamlined information and analysis on sophisticated issues for multiple audiences
- Keen interest in the integration of Dapper Sports' core product offering in business and media
- Utilize data to advise and craft your approach
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Maintain a strong level of administrative and operational diligence, producing reports, analysis, press outreach materials, and media lists
- Cultivate ongoing media relationships with press and maintain a steady drumbeat of press materials for outreach and coverage
- Develop and execute reactive and proactive communications plans using all channels, including interviews, messaging, statements, blogs, etc.
- Build out a repository of impressive communications assets for external and internal use, all that help tell our amazing and evolving story: decks, data, bios, headshots, audio and video content, and more
- Sharing the company voice and story in thoughtful and transparent ways
- Support your colleagues, advising them on media issues that may arise
- Serve as one of Dapper Sports main points of contact for day-to-day queries from press
- Support our Communications team and provide additional support to the Growth, Content, Athlete Partnership and Community Teams, as well as other communications units during critical and crisis-related moments.
A little about you:
- A bachelor's degree and/or masters qualification
- Professional proficiency in English
- 4-6 years communications experience including media relations in technology, media, sports and/or gaming
- Excellent writing, editing, and messaging skills
- Good humor, and high levels of compassion and empathy
- A global approach and an ability to understand, respect, appreciate and work with different cultures, perspectives, and attitudes
- A thoughtful, considered, and detailed approach to your work and colleagues
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, pressurized environment, and to meet deadlines
- Consistently flexible, amiable, a good colleague, and a strong, committed collaborator
A Little About Us:
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
More Information on Axiom Zen
Axiom Zen operates in the Software industry. Axiom Zen was founded in 2012. It has 41 total employees. To see all 103 open jobs at Axiom Zen, click here.
Read Full Job Description