Communications Manager, Crypto at Coinbase
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a communications manager with deep crypto expertise to join Coinbase communications team. This person will be responsible for driving awareness for Coinbase amongst the crypto and blockchain community. You’ll lead day-to-day efforts related to engaging with the crypto trade media, and building our crypto-first employer brand. You’ll partner with Coinbase employees from across the company to develop unique POVs and amplify them via traditional and social media strategies. In addition to your core responsibilities, you will also support other parts of our communications function, including product launches on an ad-hoc basis.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build and execute on a proactive communications plan to drive awareness for Coinbase and our products within the crypto and blockchain communities.
- Ensure Coinbase is represented at key crypto events both online and offline.
- Develop content together with the product and engineering team to help make Coinbase a go-to resource for the crypto community.
- Build narratives and communications plans that support the company’s crypto-first narrative.
- Be available to all members of the communications team to share your experience and help with all facets of the company’s communications plan as needed.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Creative storytelling with an understanding of what stories resonate with the media and an audience of crypto developers and the broader crypto ecosystem.
- Strong interest in and familiarity with crypto technology and the community.
- Experience telling a product story through media, social channels and community relations.
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization.
- Native to social media platforms.
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills: prose that’s clear and concise, with an eye toward eliminating jargon.
- Strategic mindset: You should bring creative solutions to every problem and never see a challenge as insurmountable.
- Grace under fire: PR + crypto equals a fast-paced working environment. You should be unflappable at crunch time, and be able to deliver a quality product under the most stressful of circumstances.
- Collaborative working style: Our comms team is small and nimble and, while we have dedicated coverage areas, we all jump in and work together to support each other when company priorities require all hands on deck.
Nice to haves:
- 5-7 years relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team.
- An understanding of the regulatory, security and technical landscapes influencing the state of cryptocurrency today (and tomorrow).
- Experience with financial tech or traditional financial services.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is ($161,050) + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.