The Communications Manager for Claims manages the development and implementation of new and existing communication vehicles and delivery of those communications to help influence internal and external audiences. Relies on data and results to help inform decisions and test, develop and deliver future content to convey the unique risks faced by CNA's customers to help ensure we are providing best-in-class customer service.
This role needs a creative and critical thinker that can create and drive innovative communications strategies to deliver top-quality content to Claims employees across multiple platforms leveraging our value proposition, client insights and analytics to align with the core pillars of the Claims organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Manages the development and implementation of new and existing communication vehicles and delivery of those communications to help influence, inspire and motivate internal and external audiences around our Claims capabilities.
- Works closely with Claims, Internal Communications, HR business partners and Marketing to develop, prepare, and disseminate internal communications for the Claims team including, but not limited to, organizational changes, company news briefings and updates, industry news, etc.
- Works with Claims Senior Management to develop their leadership communications and creative campaigns to build awareness of priorities within Claims that are aligned with their pillars of success.
- Manages communication development from inception through completion including content, editorial, legal approval, sign-off from all stakeholders and distribution of messages.
- Partners with other areas of internal and external communications and marketing on delivery of content in support of larger communications strategies.
- Stays current on trends and developments within the communications field.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong strategic communications skills and executive presence; experience as a senior-level communicator in a corporate environment, ideally in professional services or insurance
- Ability to work with senior leaders on developing objectives, content themes, and strategies to execute integrated campaigns and communications programs
- Strong editing and persuasive writing skills that can take complex concepts and distill them down into creative and influential pieces.
- Experience working with a range of business communications media (e.g., writing, presentations, video, web, animation)
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated team player.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications or related field or its equivalent.
2. Seven to ten years of experience; professional services or insurance industry experience a plus