Title: Communications, Director / Senior Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reporting to: VP, Communications
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
The Communications, Director or Senior Manager will report to the VP of Communications and will drive Hippo’s corporate communications program. This newly created position will be highly visible and will work closely with various company stakeholders and executives to provide strategic communications support. You’ll thrive working with multiple stakeholders across the organization, as you help shape and drive key messages that will impact the company’s long-term narrative.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and drive Hippo’s corporate communications practice, including key focus areas, and reporting
- Shape Hippo’s positioning on industry and regulatory topics
- Establish corporate programs and support tools to define and effectively run the practice
- Educate and maintain relationships with key business and financial media on Hippo’s market opportunity and competitive differentiation
- Support investor relations (IR) and internal communications (IC) stakeholders, to ensure clarity and differentiation around key narratives and messages
- Build Hippo’s industry analyst relations program, helping enhance Hippo’s reputation among key industry analysts
- Train and guide executives on media and analyst engagement
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience
- In-house experience at a growth/start up company
- Financial and corporate communications experience
- Experience collaborating with legal, finance, and senior executives
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of building and working with key business and financial reporters and analysts
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills and a proactive communication style
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growth environment while maintaining a calm demeanor, effectively navigating fast-paced situations
Nice to Haves:
- Insurance and/or fintech experience
- Public company experience
- B2C experience
- Public Affairs experience
- IR experience
Compensation and Perks:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Uncapped PTO policy
- Hippo Habitat - Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits and parking passes. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.