- The Client Marketing Specialist role is designed to support marketing efforts aimed to grow the customer marketing and advocacy footprint for BlackLine. The Client Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the overall management, improvement, and upkeep of BlackLine's Reference/Advocacy Program through BlackLine Champion Rewards, and Reference Edge. This program's primary purpose is to provide sales and other internal stakeholders with existing and new client information and connect them with clients who are willing to speak on BlackLine's behalf to other clients or potential clients to help Marketing generate leads and the Sales team close deals.
- This includes managing associated software to document client activity, identifying and procuring customers for reference calls, speaking engagements, events, webinars, and documented customer marketing assets and proof points to support our internal and external stakeholders. This position will also help increase and nurture client engagement through relationship building to drive more opportunities for new customer marketing assets, including case studies and client speakers. Including client outreach and building client relationships that would ultimately result in the documentation of their positive BL implementation journey, experience, success, and product use.
- This role supports the Sales and Customer Success Operations by daily reviewing customer usage data, and customer profiles in Reference Edge and BlackLine Champion Rewards to fill requests for references, speaking engagements, and customer asset needs and execution. The Client Marketing Specialist will become an expert at optimizing the use of Salesforce, BlackLine Champion Rewards (Influitive), Reference Edge, Kapost, Adobe, Jira, and Gainsight platforms for advocacy purposes and customer marketing content management.
- This position regularly communicates with customers/prospects, BlackLine Business Development, Sales, Sales Enablement, Customer Success and Finance Transformation teams, and Marketing team members.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage, improve, and upkeep BlackLine's Reference & Advocacy Program through BlackLine Champion Rewards (BlackLine Champion Rewards & Reference Edge).
- Identify and procure customer references for reference calls and internal stakeholders speaking engagements, events, and webinar requests.
- Identify and procure customers for the production of documented marketing assets, proof points, and quotable material.
- Help increase, manage, and nurture client participation and engagement through relationship building to drive more opportunities that will result in documented customer marketing assets, including case studies and client speakers.
- Connect sales with clients who are willing to speak on BlackLine's behalf to other clients or potential clients to help Marketing generate leads, and Sales close deals.
- Support Business Development, Sales, and Customer Success Operations by daily reviewing customer product usage data, and customer profiles in Reference Edge and BlackLine Champion Rewards to fill requests for references, speaking engagements, and customer asset needs and execution.
- Become an expert at using and optimizing the use of Salesforce, BlackLine Champion Rewards, Reference Edge, Kapost, Adobe, Jira, and Gainsight platforms for advocacy and customer marketing purposes.
- Create and analyze dashboards and reports to understand customer profiles to aid in fulfilling customer reference requests effectively, and efficiently.
- Gather actionable data, provide recommendations, and communicate with customers/prospects, and BlackLine Business Development, Sales, Sales Enablement, Customer Success and Finance Transformation teams, and Marketing team members.
- Acquire data from multiple systems and sources, analyze, and synthesize results to meet customer reference request criteria, and make client recommendations.
- Prepare monthly management and cross-functional reports to share customer feedback, quotes, new champion/advocate references in both BlackLine Champion Rewards, and Reference Edge.
- Manage budget to secure new swag, order and manage inventory for fulfillment of swag redemption in BlackLine Champion Rewards.
- Systematically manage, and track customer advocates in Reference Edge, document high-impact client stories across the BL user base, and traffic case study content tasks and workflow in Kapost and Jira.
- Serve as a single point of contact for sales references, suggestions, nominations for existing and potential references.
- Communicate, follow-up, and document outreach to client champions, sales representatives, and account contacts to deliver customer contacts and accounts in Reference Edge and BlackLine Champion Rewards.
- Create and execute new challenges and track customer activity in BlackLine Champion Rewards to identify new advocates, educate users, and increase client engagement.
- Help drive and manage client participation for customer marketing needs, content creation, and develop a pipeline of existing customers to leverage for multiple customer reference requests and needs.
- Collaborate with sales executives to align new opportunities with customer references.
- Own and continuously update current Reference Edge customer profiles.
- Act as a trusted advisor to business development and sales teams.
- Evangelize the customer advocacy program wins on a regular basis to increase adoption of the program.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 3 years
Education: BA in Marketing or related field or BS in Business
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have previous experience with Salesforce.
- Have the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software training and use: Reference Edge, Influitive, Kapost, Gainsight, Adobe, Jira, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Be able to navigate websites and gather information from external review sites.
- Create simple reports in Excel and have the ability to synthesize information.
- Be able to write, edit, and comprehend BL product information.
- Possess strong analytical and technical skills.
- Have solid project and task management, organization, and planning skills.
- Be an exceptional communicator both verbal and written.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Have the ability to be flexible and adapt quickly.
- Be able to reach out, communicate, and ask for participation of accounting professionals at manager and above levels.
- Have the ability to learn new skills.
- Absorb and understand software and product information.
- Have relevant experience at a software company or similar industry.
- Be a self-started, self-motivator, results-oriented, team player, and collaborator.
Strong matrix (cross-functional) environment: sales, marketing, operations, etc.
Fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Internal and external client and partner interaction.
Minimal travel required.