Category Marketing Manager at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork’s Category Marketing team is responsible for driving growth by tailoring our marketing programs and services to meet the needs of specific client and freelancer personas in our key categories. The Category Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the go-to-market strategy for each category, keeping on top of market trends to incorporate fresh ideas and insights into messaging and campaigns. You will own campaign execution end to end, working cross-functionally tailor to Category awareness, acquisition, retention, and product marketing efforts.Your responsibilities:
- Identify industry trends and specific business opportunities – including cross sell and upsell opportunities - within our key categories and quickly develop campaigns and programs to capitalize on those opportunities
- Build and continually refine category playbooks and campaign calendar that can be used to help drive growth across the broader marketplace
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, including product marketing, content, social, email, acquisition, sales enablement, creative, PR/communications, field marketing, events, to identify appropriate channels for content distribution and campaign delivery that drive lead generation and retention
- Establish and own the customer journey map and determine multi-touch programs that deepen engagement and loyalty
- Closely monitor talent supply and demand to ensure balance and identify specific talent skill recruiting opportunities
- Own reporting and analysis on category marketing programs, ensuring programs perform against goals and are continually optimized
- Proven track record of successfully managing B2B and B2C marketing campaigns
- Experience marketing to or building solutions for SMB and enterprise segments a plus
- Strong campaign and program management experience
- Collaborative personality - ability to build great relationships with internal partners and work with matrixed teams in order to execute your strategy
- Shown customer-centric mentality
- Strategic and creative thinking abilities that enable you to identify the most important issues and figure out a path to success without an established toolkit at the ready
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.