Care Social Media Manager at Instacart
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
The Instacart Care Social Media Team supports our customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal team members through direct, scalable customer service methods and technology. We are a client focused and data-driven team that works diligently to delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process, and product solutions.
We are looking for someone who thinks strategically about social media response processes and improvements, is passionate about delivering the best customer experience, has demonstrated people management and engagement experience, and can drive outstanding customer service for customers who get in contact with Instacart through social media for assistance.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Care Social Media, we will have you directly manage frontline supervisors and customer service teams. You will lead your teams and their work according to the standards of Instacart Care and the social care strategy, lead individual and team performance expectations and goals, maintain a data-driven focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, and serve as a leader and point of contact for critical contact resolutions. Be prepared to work collaboratively with Process Improvement, QA, Training, Content, Product Operations, and other cross-functional teams.
Additional responsibilities include implementation of new tools and technologies, and strategic projects in social care best methods.About the job
- Manage frontline Care Social Media teams, including 1-2 supervisors and 10-20 specialists/agents, in a fast-paced and demanding environment to deliver on meaningful metrics
- Assist the Senior Manager of Care Social Media and Care Leadership in the implementation of leadership directives and plans
- Own overall performance and established metrics of your teams, providing reports and insights to Care leadership
- Use data/analysis to proactively identify and mitigate problems and risks
- Understands Social Media Best practices and stays up to date on the latest social media trends
- Understands the basic uses and principles of Social Media such as; SEO, Marketing, Analytics, Influencers, Social Reach, Engagement, PR, and Crisis Management
- Communicate policies and standards and ensure team compliance, all while developing and expanding the expertise of your team
- We need you to be a key point of contact to handle complicated customer concerns
- Coach your teams to provide an incredible and conscientious support experience to our users
- Integrate the efforts of teams across multiple shifts to deliver best-in-class customer support and attain service level requirements
- Measure and evaluate Care social processes and drive continuous process improvement with eye towards user satisfaction
- Identify root causes and implement changes to improve accuracy, productivity, and quality of your team's performance
- Develop, plan, and implement strategies and tactics to improve Instacart Care’s social customer service performance
- Set the tone for a culture that puts the customer first, even if that means rolling up your sleeves and assisting with frontline work
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, social media, or related field, or equivalent experience and proven expertise
- 4+ years leading teams at a 2nd line level, including experience in a high capacity and very fast-paced customer support environment
- 3+ years experience in social customer service
- Strong communication skills, with a priority on writing for social media and ability to translate processes and technical information into clear, useful, simple language
- Proficient in social customer experience management platforms such as Sprinklr, Khoros, HootSuite, Sprout Social, Salesforce Social, and Zendesk Social
- Strong communication skills and high level of support in analytical problem-solving
- Ability to translate processes and technical information into clear, useful, simple language
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a feeling of importunity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with continuous renewal of business processes
- Comfortable working autonomously on sophisticated problems
- Experience creating project plans and carrying them out to completion
- Bilingual in French or Spanish is a plus
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through constantly evolving and dynamic operational conditions!
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.