Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Day in and day out, the Brand Marketing team is devising strategies and plans to win the hearts and minds of people around the globe. We obsess over our cultural trends, customers mindsets and needs, and the value we deliver in the world of work to influence opinions, buying decisions, and ultimately drive growth.
As the Brand Media Director, you set the overall media strategy and own media execution on a global scale to build awareness and resonance among our audiences. Building plans that not only increase brand health metrics but usher audiences down the funnel is your core expertise.
Working in close partnership with analytics, you will help to build a strong measurement framework for actionable insights and forecasting as well as a cadence for tracking, reporting and testing brand impact across media investments.
If building strong go-to-market brand-building plans that accelerate a company to new heights, we want to hear from you!Your Responsibilities:
- Own global brand media strategy from plan to execution with a holistic media perspective to reach business goals and ensure local nuances and needs are incorporated. Includes establishing key media thresholds for optimal media channel mix, geography, reach, frequency and media flighting as well as first-to-market media strategies increasing scale, brand relevance and impact.
- Create a comprehensive, quarterly testing roadmap to accelerate learnings with key hypotheses, learning goals, measurement plan and reporting, ensuring the media plan progressively improves.
- Partner closely with the analytics team to measure, track, and report brand media performance including contribution to Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM), Multi-Touch Attribution (MTA) utilization.
- Lead and build business cases for incremental funding to improve business impact from brand media.
- Manage, lead, collaborate and inspire internal and external teams of media experts, agencies, and cross functional partners including performance marketing, creative, and others required to ensure strong go to marketing and brand building initiatives.
- Oversight of brand media budget, including staffing, agency, and resource requirements as well as vendor negotiations and agreements.
- Experience in global media strategy, media planning, activation, and leveraging big media moments.
- High level of strategic thinking with integrating thinking across paid, earned and owned channels.
- Strong analytical approach to brand media measurement across all investments.
- Solid understanding of available media tools, techniques, technology, BI tools Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Highly adept at collaborating, and forging strong partnerships with internal, and external cross-functional groups.
- Superior writing, research, presentation, project management and interpersonal/communication skills.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.