Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
As a Community Manager, you will play a critical role in representing the Opendoor brand on all social networks, review sites, and via proactive customer outreach. You take pride in great customer service and enjoy engaging with online communities, whether through conversations with current customers or by educating potential customers about Opendoor’s services. This role sits on the Marketing team and reports to the Senior Brand Marketing Lead.
Opendoor currently operates in 44 markets nationwide and has had more than 100,000 customer transactions. As Opendoor continues to expand, our online community and customer database will grow. The Community Manager will play an integral role as the connective tissue between online social conversation and in-market city operations, ensuring positive experiences and perceptions about Opendoor.
As a Community Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with the communications team on customer storytelling narratives by proactively reaching out and speaking with customers on a weekly basis and collaborating with Marketing and Communications teams on story leads for content
- Conduct recorded video and audio interviews with customers for testimonials and project manage editing and approvals
- Liaise with our Customer Experience teams to evangelize all social community management messaging and strategies and troubleshoot any communication hurdles stemming from customer outreach trends.
- Work closely with in-market operational teams and develop an understanding of internal systems in order to handle customer service questions and responses
- Advocate and engage on behalf of the Opendoor brand on all online communities (review sites, social media channels, etc) and represent Opendoor professionally in all communication formats.
- Monitor Opendoor’s customer review sites and social media properties on a daily basis, engaging with users who are talking about Opendoor and responding to questions and comments in a timely manner
- Represent the Opendoor brand, aligning with our voice and tone in all external communications.
- Advocate as the voice of the customer to the broader Marketing team and bring insights + creative, collaborative solutions to stories you hear
- Recommend ongoing ways to improve and streamline community management processes for best customer and company outcomes
- Partner with our Communications teams for owned social channels content publishing and promotional opportunities
- Manage our external social listening agency. Relay distilled learnings and trends to internal teams
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 3-5 years work experience, related to community management, customer experience, social media, communication, public relations, or general relationship building
- Experience working with external social media agencies/partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of empathy and passion for customer advocacy; can remain calm in high-pressure situations
- A proactive, hands-on, autonomous, solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
- An understanding of how social media networks and forums work (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NextDoor, Reddit, Better Business Bureau)
- Organization and detail-orientation to their work
- Social media agency management
- Content marketing experience
- Professional Copywriting experience
- Experience working in real estate or fintech, working within strict brand and legal guidelines
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description