Brand Manager at Natura (Natura Life Science)
Who We Are
From California to the world – building the supply chain for the global cannabis industry.
Focused on positively affecting millions of lives through the creation of a world-class platform to launch and scale brands, Natura is building a state-of-the-art, fully vertically integrated supply chain to bring stability to the rapidly growing global cannabis industry.
Natura's vision is to transform the world through the consumption of cannabis and believes that the best way to do this is to empower all players in the industry to standardize their offerings and realize their visions, giving them a home that has everything they need to bring their products to life. The first step towards realizing this vision is Natura’s campus in Sacramento, providing an end-to-end supply chain solution under one roof - cutting-edge cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and delivery, with the highest possible standards, enabling cannabis brands to launch and scale in a consistent and reliable manner. For more information about Natura, please visit www.natura.io.
The Brand Manager is a key part of the Natura Sales and Marketing team and will support a variety of projects across multiple brands. This critical role supports the ongoing development of the Natura brand portfolio. Brand managers are the guardians of the brand and are responsible for ensuring that the products, services, and product lines that fall under their brand resonate with current and potential customers. Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, they work tirelessly with the marketing department on making sure that every aspect of the brand strategy is just right. Brand Managers also need to be in contact with other departments such as finance, sales, and product development to ensure a strategic overview of the business and future market opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accountable for managing a variety of marketing initiatives that drive brand awareness, trial, and distribution.
- Assist in the development of annual, long- and short-term marketing strategy and plans.
- Be the brand lead across all other marketing functions — both in brand strategy, promotion and creative. Provide brand review for all marketing content and ensure it is in line with overall brand positioning and voice.
- Collaborate and support the sales team to provide best-in-class retailer specific merchandising and shopper marketing materials as needed for new and existing distribution growth opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional teams (Operations, Sales, Finance) to ensure successful and on-time execution of marketing initiatives.
- Provide leadership across all new product launches for commercialization in a cross-functional manner.
- Oversee coordination with internal team on the development, design and production of creative assets.
- Manage the marketing budget, through accurate tracking and forecasting of marketing spend.
- Actively gather, analyze and present brand, competitor and category insights, trends and data.
- Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the Company’s policies, by demonstrating the Company’s values, and being a role model for the Company Brand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Comfort with CRM software
- In-depth understanding of the company’s current products and future concepts
- A willingness to listen
- Ability to think creatively and innovative
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Professional judgment and discretion
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Must be 21 years or older
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Natura complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
Natura is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Natura provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Natura embraces diverse perspectives and we value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.