Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 and 2022 lists!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Bestow Marketing team is highly visible, working across the company to champion the voice of our customers. We are responsible for our brand as well as acquiring, growing, and retaining our customers. We develop and deliver all our customer communication including our social media, website, and advertising. We believe data, advanced analytics, and good old fashioned strategy are the key to marketing effectiveness.
As our Brand Director, you will play a key role in putting Bestow on the map. You’ll build out our ongoing competitive research, consumer segmentation, and brand positioning practices - mining actionable insights that help push the creative work to be more impactful and more effective.
You’ll collaborate with the creative team to make data more accessible and find new ways to connect with our target audiences. Together, you’ll develop work that doesn’t look anything like insurance advertising.
Your deep curiosity for understanding consumer behavior will lead you to the data, and your experience will deliver insights to develop a brand positioning and messaging that inspires exceptional and effective creative deliverables.
We are open to candidates working Remotely in this role, but we have amazing offices in Austin and Dallas, TX if you desire to work in-person with our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Create and operationalize standards, processes, and resources to mature brand stewardship and governance across the company
- Deep dive into customer research, building personas, customer journeys, and strategies to optimize marketing comms
- Evaluate marketing investment and programs based on business objectives to ensure best allocation of resources; continuously monitoring KPIs improve effectiveness and ROI of programs
- Develop the holistic brand & awareness strategy, including media mix and spend distribution to meet our ambitious awareness goals.
- Help to build innovative, offline media strategies against key awareness-building channels
- Collaborate with creative and growth marketing teams to develop inspiring creative briefs based on a deep knowledge of Bestow’s business, the competitive landscape, cultural environment, and target consumer.
- Regularly perform competitive, market, and cultural research to stay on top of industry and consumer trends
- 8+ years in Marketing with increasing responsibility and a proven track record of success
- Experienced building insights from data
- Excel at independently identifying and acting on priorities with organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to balance the big picture with short-term needs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or other related field required
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO plan
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Generous equity grant based on level
- Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.