B2B Marketing Manager (Academic Institutions) at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.Job Description
CLOSING DATE: September 16th, 2022
We are actively seeking a creative and dynamic Marketing Manager to join our Academic Institutions B2B Marketing team at Taylor & Francis.
Based out of the UK (with the opportunity to work remotely), this role will help contribute to the efforts of our growing marketing department.
Note, this will be a fixed-term contract role with a 6- to 12-month fixed term duration.
As a Marketing Manager, you will support the B2B marketing division in our efforts to generate leads, awareness, and engagement for our subscription packages and open access offerings, targeting higher-education faculty, librarians, researchers, and other decision makers at key institutions in the EMEA region. This role closely aligns with the goals of our commercial team to help drive revenue growth from renewals, as well as new business opportunities.
As a Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for managing the activities of your team’s assigned geographic regions, with the opportunity to work closely with other cross-functional marketing and sales team leads to help reach and engage key customer audiences within the institutional market. Your work will vary but will be primarily focused on helping to maintain and increase revenue for your region using a range of tools, channels, and tactics. The successful candidate should have the necessary marketing and management skills to plan and execute on innovative, results- and customer-focused objectives to achieve results.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitoring and analyzing market trends, maintaining a line-of-site to competitor products and services and other industry developments to ensure the team’s strategic vision aligns to the needs of the market
- Engaging with key customers and prospects at every stage of their journey to build, nurture and grow relationships
- Identifying target audiences and develop strategies to communicate with them
- Regularly assessing and managing budget and resource requirements to optimize spend allocation and maximize return on investment
- Leading, managing, and monitoring an innovative and dynamic marketing team, fostering a culture of high performance and innovation via ongoing coaching and constructive feedback
- Encouraging both critical and creative thinking within the team, making recommendations for action or change to senior management accordingly
- Actively contributing to the development of the marketing strategy, working collaboratively with all members of the team to execute, monitor, and optimize plans based on performance data and customer insights
- Maintaining and developing an awareness of digital delivery models within higher education, including competitor activities, needs of customers, advances in technology, and professional and academic trends
You're likely to have:
- A degree level or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven track record of goal-achievement in a marketing role
- Successful experience in managing a product portfolio or customer channel
- Industry and market expertise
- Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness – including the competitive environment, potential partner organisations and market trends
- Prior experience with managing and/or delegating tasks across a team
Other desired skills & behaviors:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated willingness and enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with a proven ability to maintain a positive can-do attitude while managing multiple deadlines and/or a high-volume workload across a dynamic team
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet the needs of various stakeholders across a results-driven team
- Ability to readily adapt to and manage changes in process and implementation
- Experience with leading and managing a team to effectively meet/exceed lead generation targets and/or other campaign-specific KPIs and objectives
- Familiarity with leveraging analytical tools to measure campaign success, with ability to translate findings from performance data into meaningful insights to help influence campaign decisions
- Prior experience managing budgets and other statistical and financial information
- Ability to produce and communicate impactful recommendations to senior management
- Knowledge of and/or prior experience with CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce, etc.) preferred, but not required
- Prior experience with marketing automation technology functionalities and/or targeting capabilities
- Creative and/or design experience a plus, but not required
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development opportunities
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
CLOSING DATE: September 16th, 2022
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.