Associate Marketing Manager - ABM at Upwork (Remote)
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
At Upwork, we are looking for an Associate Manager to grow our Account Based Marketing (ABM) team. The ABM program’s mission is to fuel growth within our top business customers through high-touch, customizable campaigns. In this role, you will be the strategic consultant to Sales partners on your client list and be responsible for driving high-impact campaigns to support a shared account growth strategy.
You will work closely with multiple cross-functional partners within Sales, Customer Success, Sales Enablement, Events, Content Marketing, Marketing Automation, Creative, and Analytics to immerse yourself in your client accounts, identify opportunities, execute campaigns, measure impact, and share learnings.
This exciting new role will help shape a growing and high-visibility program for Upwork. This is a great fit if you: have strong interpersonal skills, thrive working in a dynamic environment, and you can balance critical thinking, creative problem solving, and exceptional organization and follow-through. This role will report directly to the Head of Customer ABM.Your Responsibilities:
- Act as an extension of the account team for each of your client accounts to build trust, make thoughtful recommendations, and lead ABM Plays to drive growth. This includes joining team meetings, leading standups with Sales partners, call listening, and company research. You’ll be the go-to person for your Sales partners on all things Marketing, including ABM.
- Plan and execute ABM strategy for each of your accounts. You’ll be able to work from a core set of proven Plays, which you’ll be encouraged to adapt and build upon based on priorities and needs within each account.
- Own Salesforce campaign management, audience targeting, and budgets for each of your accounts.
- Partner with design and copy partners to create and maintain custom, on-brand assets to support your growth Plays. (Think: 1-sheeters, videos, even custom landing pages!)
- Continuously source feedback from Sales and proactively share with the team so we can all learn from each other and evolve our Playbook.
- Proactively identify new opportunities (from process improvements to new campaign tactics) and develop actionable plans to bring to life.
- Marketing background, ideally B2B and/or experience working with a Sales organization
- Enthusiasm for project management and cross-functional collaboration, and ability to adjust to various communication styles and build relationships across teams
- Eye for design and familiarity working with brand and messaging guidelines, ideally for an Enterprise audience
- Experience planning and executing multi-touch marketing campaigns, including channels such as email, virtual events, direct mail, social
- Working experience with Salesforce and interest in working with CRMs and project management tools
- Receptive to partner feedback, and demonstrated ability to test, learn, and optimize processes
- Good attitude and willingness to learn!
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.