New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our Marketing team are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers' needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
Our Digital Engagement Team is innovating how we understand our patients and their needs. Working cross functionally we are inventing new ways of communicating, measuring, and interacting with our customers and patients through digital channels and technologies.
The Global Human Health Division has undergone significant transformation over the past few years, driven by an effort to shape our Company's future by building or enhancing core commercial capabilities.
In order to execute on the strategy of being more adaptive and responsive to changing market needs, and to keep pace with the digital evolution happening in the marketplace, the US Market has identified a need to develop, manage and incorporate Agile methodologies in the way we work. To achieve this vision, in part we need to develop agile teams, and a core member of those teams is the Scrum Master.
In this role, the Scrum Master will work as a member of the Scrum Master Chapter Team supporting/ guiding one of our digital engagement teams. The Scrum Master is responsible for supporting the agile team in their effort to meet the Digital Engagement needs of the brand team(s) and ultimately improve net income of the US Market.
In addition, the Scrum Master will develop a strategy to realize the cultural changes needed to embed agile principles and practices in the way we work. Over time additional opportunities may also exist to lead and/ or work on important transformational or operational excellence projects as part of the broader US Marketing Strategy and Commercial Operations organization.
This position is location agnostic.
- Supports the launch and training of the Agile Team
- Guides the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to improve the quality, speed, and compliance of digital promotion
- Coaches the team to higher levels of agile maturity over time
- Supports the Product Owner in maintenance and grooming of the product backlog (i.e. clarification of required work and what to prioritize)
- Facilitates SCRUM ceremonies (daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives) and maintains KANBAN boards to enable transparency about the work and adjustments that are required
- Facilitates discussion to enable rapid and thoughtful decision making
- Guides the team on how to optimize self-organization and co-location
- Removes impediments to progress of work via servant leadership, coaching or influencing actions of SMEs and leadership
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on progress and problem-solving
- Models and coaches diplomacy and emotional intelligence to enable conflict resolution and a self-directed team mindset
- Assists with internal and external communication, manages transparency issues with leadership, and radiates information as guided by the needs of USLTs
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Min 3 to 5 years relevant experience acting as a Scrum Master/Product Owner within Marketing and/or marketing communications and/or or digital marketing .
- Amenable to servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Confidence to work independently as well as demonstrate leadership skills , successfully navigate through ambiguity and align with various stakeholders to a common goal.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills with ability to speak with candor when appropriate.
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts and application in all job-related functions
- Experience with the promotion operations processes including content creation, approval, digital publishing, and content management
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Project Management experience and/or certifications.
- Scrum certified and/or experience in a Scrum Master role (i.e., understanding of scrum principles, practices, and theory).
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Kanban being a key priority.
- Experience leading a large field or Headquarters change initiative.
- Strong understanding of change management.
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end marketing process.
- Strong understanding of the evolving US healthcare landscape and interdependencies.
Position Location : We are are open to Virtual/Remote applicants , however, up to 25% commute to our HQ Upper Gwynedd, PA may be required.
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: