Assistant Marketing Manager at Warner Bros. Discovery (Atlanta, GA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
This position supports the development & execution of multi-faceted
marketing campaigns for TNT, tbs and truTV programming, with a majority of focus on the AEW (All Elite Wrestling) franchise. This team sits at the intersection of entertainment, sports, and culture and will simultaneously work on campaigns for comedies, action thrillers/dramas, reality competition shows, and professional wrestling. Tasks include, but are not limited to, collaborating on the promotional strategy, guiding media placements, managing & aiding in the development of cross-platform creative, developing and overseeing campaign partners, leading day-to-day communication with numerous internal teams and executives, innovating & activating experiences & communication with consumers and recapping all elements at the end of the campaign.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Project managing and aiding in the development of several marketing campaign elements Includes coordination of creative development to fulfill media plans by working with Turner Media Group on specifications, delivery and approvals.
- Responsible for trafficking materials and fulfilling internal/external requests for creative assets, copy/show descriptions, premiums, status reports, etc.
- Responsible for assisting marketing team with internal and external meeting materials such as developing PowerPoint presentations and preparing documents.
- Developing marketing collateral including working with management to select campaign creative, working with outside vendors when appropriate to create new materials, proofing materials and distributing to key stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with the entire network, including Brand Creative, Social Media, Digital Platforms, Turner Media Group, Operations, PR, Research, Development and Programming on deliverables and deadlines.
- Assists with agency management and communication
- Assists with budget management
- Updates the project timelines and status reports.
- Assists with the selection and purchase of premiums for shows, premieres, special events, etc.
- Liaison for vendor on quality and delivery.
- Handles setting up agency capabilities presentations as needed.
Qualifications and Experience...
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- 5 years of experience in consumer marketing; agency experience a plus.
- Exceptional project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in order to simultaneously manage multiple arms of the campaigns, teams & personalities.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects with shifting timelines and many executional details.
- Collaborative work ethic, positive attitude and high level of professionalism.
- Social media savvy with a passion for entertainment, marketing and culture trends.
- A creative problem solver who can construct a point of view from insights and provide thought leadership on campaign initiatives
- Strong copywriting skills with experience creating & presenting
- Experience in TV marketing a plus
- Powerpoint and Excel experience required, Photoshop and Graphic Design experience is a plus.
- Occasional weekend and evening work required.
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].