Analyst, Marketing Strategy + Analysis at 2U (Do Not Use) (Phoenix, AZ)
What We’re Looking For:
edX seeks an Analyst, Marketing Strategy and Analysis. This person will be responsible for the monthly digital marketing budget and overall projected performance across the Open Courses portfolio. This is someone who can deeply understand our business, our operations and how we can improve them to drive growth.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Actively manage the marketing spend of a high volume portfolio of Open Courses
- Proactively problem-solve on key program/vertical challenges
- Use strong understanding of course and program audience segmentation to drive growth
- Actively identify and execute testing with clear hypothesis and learning agenda
- Deliver analysis to advance our understanding of Open Course lifetime value and audience intelligence. Answer questions to help us understand who our highest ROI audiences, markets, disciplines, and journeys are
- Develop advanced understanding how each channel affects other channels; work with internal teams to develop advanced attribution understanding and models
Planning and Execution
- The ability to take insights and turn this information into action: craft compelling insights and narrative, inspire others to act based on your findings, support through to execution and learning
- Own course and program budget and marketing tactic management for high-impact programs/verticals
- Create and soundly articulate monthly marketing plan to leadership, featuring both short-term and long-term strategic thinking
- Plan and prioritize future analysis (internal and with BI team)
- Soundly speculate upon projected conversion of paid tactics and likely ROI of marketing spend/effort for programs/verticals within scope
- Identify and execute upon strong/weak spend opportunities with limited direction from management
- Dynamically and impactfully update marketing plan using real-time data
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree (from a business, economics, or math-related field is a plus)
- In-depth experience using Google Analytics
- In-depth experience using Sheets/Excel
- Experience in Product insights tools like Amplitude
- Tableau user experience
- SQL experience
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, analytics, or relevant business using data to solve problems
- A desire to set business strategy
- A keen interest in digital marketing (prior experience a plus, but not required)
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to balance creativity with analytical skills
- A strong work ethic and doesn’t accept complacency
- A demonstrated capacity to think proactively - always seeking ways to do something better
- The ability to multitask, stay organized, and evaluate priorities on an ongoing basis
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $70,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.