PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Advertising Operations Specialist
San Mateo, CA
The Advertising Operations Specialist, Gaming and Entertainment is an analytically inclined technical master with a passion for the Gaming and Entertainment space. This is an incredible opportunity to join PlayStation’s fast growing Advertising organization to drive operational excellence and revenue growth. This role will partner closely with Network Advertising’s client partner, client solution, and business analyst teams to deliver innovative strategies and insights for advertising partners.
With proven understanding of both advertising and the gaming or entertainment industries, this role is responsible for driving client growth and team success through operational excellence and transparency.
This role is located at PlayStation’s global headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
- Facilitate and execute tasks involved with ad campaign management; includes setup & trafficking, QA & troubleshooting, monitoring performance & delivery, reporting & analytics, optimization, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to surpass client goals.
- Raise awareness of campaign performance, recommendations, and insights that will impact future campaigns.
- Proactively optimize to exceed client KPIs and drive revenue growth/retention of our advertising clients.
- QA creative content for technical specs ensuring it adheres to PlayStation ad policies.
- Participate in Weekly/Monthly meetings presenting case studies and insights to the global Operations group.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in trafficking and troubleshooting campaigns & experience interacting with customers, prospects, agencies, analysts and staff.
- Proven ability to set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and analytical nature; metric driven behavior with a high degree of organization.
- Innovative, self-starter with high work ethic.
- Excited to keep up with the latest progress and trends in ad tech!
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Prior experience utilizing ad serving and data management systems: FreeWheel, Salesforce Audience Cloud, SSP/DSPs, programmatic platforms.
- Account management or client service experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL, basic HTML, and ad tag construction.
Required Academic & Work Experience:
- BA or BS degree in a marketing or analytical field
- 2+ years advertising operations experience
- Experience in gaming, advertising, or digital media
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.