Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, analytical, resourceful, charismatic, and customer-centric acquisition-focused growth marketer to join our Marketing team.
This role will be responsible for improving the conversion of new users across all our marketing channels into happy, valuable clients. The role will work with the entire acquisition marketing team, as well as product, engineering, and other marketers to build a smooth, informative, and customized experience for new customers coming from a diverse set of channels, backgrounds, and knowledge of M1. It will involve both day-to-day hands-on and high-level work in strategizing and executing to improve a critical part of our customer funnel. The successful candidate will have an “always-be-testing” mentality combined with a long-term and customer-focused view.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced marketer with 3-5 years of experience including dedicated work in Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), Appstore Optimization (ASO), and creative testing. The right person has run countless A/B and multi-variate tests, understands the statistical side and also has extreme empathy for the customer. Combining these traits with an ability to turn research into hypotheses will lead to success in this role. You will get to build out and own our testing/experimentation philosophy, processes, and technology needs. You will look at our home page and immediately see ten things you want to test, have a framework to pick the first three, and know the tools needed to measure the impact. You will be able to take learnings and apply them across the entire funnel and just as easily take hypotheses and test them across key moments in the funnel.
The successful candidate is both able to work with a creative team to drive great customer experiences and dig in with the analytics team as a data-driven numbers guru. You have a successful track record of meeting and exceeding goals while designing and driving high-performance programs in a fast-paced environment, with a strong understanding of the supporting data and systems. You will not only grow our existing program, but quickly and proactively look for ways to fundamentally change and build upon it in new, unique ways.
What You'll do
- Drive and lead new user conversion efforts across all products at M1 Finance by identifying key segments, channels, and flows along with accompanying content, messaging, and features
- Develop and own the M1 Finance conversion roadmap and plan, working cross-functionally with Creative, MarTech, Comms, Product, Engineering, CRM, Compliance, Analytics, and other teams as needed
- Drive all conversion testing through ideation, prioritization, sourcing of needed assets, test structure, monitoring, reporting, and iteration
- Develop and own a high-velocity testing culture and process within the Acquisition marketing team and working across channel owners to structure and run high-quality and high-impact tests in our paid media
- Collect and share insights from testing across the company to inform product, onboarding, and other improvements
- Drive and develop the experimentation platform and technology decisions needed to deliver optimization at ever-increasing scale
- Dive deeply into web analytics to understand the impact of not only your efforts, but all teams that impact the content, structure, and flows of our new customers
- Be a team-player, helping both the wider Marketing Team and entire M1 Team in accomplishing their respective goals.
- 3-5 years of experience in B2C marketing with at least 2 years focused on web/UI/UX conversion optimization at an agency or company with aggressive acquisition growth goals across clear metrics
- Proven experience in managing A/B and multivariate testing with strong foundation in statistics and user analytics
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics and online testing applications such as Google Analytics & Tag Manager, Optimizely, Adobe Target, Crazyegg, Google Optimize 360, Hotjar, EyeQuant, etc
- Analytical and structured thinker who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders using both data and big-picture concepts
- Charismatic, extroverted people-person with high emotional intelligence and passion for creating and nurturing relationships; excellent communication, sales, and persuasion skills
- Goal and results oriented and driven. Does not confuse action with motion
- Experience and understanding of the full marketing funnel, respective KPIs, incrementality, multi-touch attribution, and treating marketing dollars like an investment portfolio
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus. Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while seeing the positive, humor, and fun opportunity in challenges
- Proactive self-starter who takes extreme ownership in life and at work, not allowing excuses, finger-pointing, or roadblocks to get in the way of progress and continued self and team improvement
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment with a “Figure It Out” (FIO) mentality
- Team-player who takes as much pride in seeing their team win as they do in seeing themselves win
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym