Ontra is a global legal technology company that supports leading financial services companies with their high volume, legal contract work. Using your legal expertise in conjunction with Ontra’s cloud-based app, Freelance Ontra Lawyers support and engage directly with clients’ in-house legal teams. Lawyers on our platform operate entirely remotely and without the administrative constraints of a traditional legal practice as Ontra handles invoicing, billing, collections, and business development, allowing lawyers to stay focused on practicing law.
How Does it Work?
Lawyers within the Ontra network leverage their legal expertise while pursuing their own career objectives or personal goals - whether that’s starting a new private practice, scaling an existing one, or simply partnering with Ontra as a supplemental means of income. Lawyers on our platform select client engagements that suit their schedules and career goals and are supported by a team at Ontra in achieving their growth objectives.
A Day in the Life of an Ontra Lawyer:
- Summarize previously executed contracts and agreements, extract key terms, and tag and organize obligations in a user-friendly interface.
- Audit compliance through digital records of who completed what and when.
- Organize all client's obligations in a single dashboard. Streamline future fundraising and negotiations by leveraging precedent language and analyzing trends across funds and Limited Partners.
- Consistently learn and evolve to new technologies and new features within our cloud-based app that help in-house teams keep track of their obligations and deadlines
- Directly engage, in a remote environment, with in-house legal teams at Asset Management Companies or private funds
- Independently operate and execute client contract requests in a timely manner, in line with Ontra standards;
- Collaborate with the internal Ontra team on an ongoing basis regarding your prospective business needs;
- Network and collaborate with other like-minded freelance professionals in the global Ontra community.
Preferred Ontra Lawyer Qualifications:
- Legal background with a top-tier law firm preferred (Magic Circle, AmLaw 100, or similar large international law firm), but not required;
- Experience working with core fund formation documentation including LPAs, side letters, term sheets, purchase agreements, credit agreements, master service agreements, operating agreements, vendor contracts and license agreements.
- In-house experience representing investment advisers, private funds or registered investment companies, and/or experience at a top-tier law firm in the fund formation or investment management group;
- Licensed and in good standing with your state bar
Interested in joining the legal-tech revolution? Apply to be a freelance lawyer in our network today!