What You'll Do:
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, and business development throughout the product development cycle (from the initial stages of product development, through launch, to market strategy) on a broad range of best practices and compliance issues regarding Stack Overflow's platform and ads products.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to platforms and software and an ability to explain complex legal issues in basic terms for the company.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Manage internal projects, training, processes, and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 6+ years relevant experience; JD from top law school; admitted to the Bar
- Experience with SaaS and community platforms
- Strong legal research skills and comfort tackling new and developing areas of law in the US and internationally
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business
- Eagerness and drive to continue learning
- Sense of humor
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $160K and $240K USD
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Long-term incentive (equity grant)
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices.... We'll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office... You'll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We're a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our offices you'll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.