Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
The Senior Paralegal will provide traditional paralegal and administrative support to the Bright Health Group Regulatory and Government Affairs department, serving as the primary resource for Bright HealthCare regulatory matters on a variety of projects and initiatives.
The Senior Paralegal job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
1. Coordinate and provide project management support of company licensing activities, including HMO, insurance license, and ancillary licensure support (such as Utilization Management certifications) required to support ongoing health plan business activities.
2. Draft and submit filings with state and federal regulatory agencies through various filing portals.
3. Provide general administrative support including, but not limited to, scheduling internal and external meetings, file management, document and presentation preparation, drafting communications, coordinating invoice payments, and maintaining tracking system for filing dates.
4. Conduct legal and regulatory research in support of regulatory inquiries, filing preparations, or escalated regulatory matters.
5. Support Bright HealthCare escalated regulator inquiry investigation and response.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a legal related field, business, communications, or other related field is preferred.
• Paralegal training beyond bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Eight (8) or more years of legal assistant or related experience.
• Legal assistant experience in the health care industry preferred.
• A keen attention to detail is required
• Experience managing complex projects that require coordination of high volumes of deliverables across multiple departments.
• Experience formally interacting and communicating with regulatory agencies or other similar government agencies or institutions.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Exceptional writing and internal communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate effectively and to work with teams outside of Regulatory and Government Affairs to complete submissions under deadlines
• Ability to work independently and to understand when to escalate issues
• Ability to research and investigate issues without explicit direction– for example, how to enroll in certain databases or submission portals
• Ability to manage workload and prioritize assignments in service of defined objectives
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Paralegal certificate preferred, but not required.
- Qualification as a notary is preferred.
The majority of work responsibilities are performed remote and/or in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.