ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Sr. Legal Administrative Assistant to play an integral role on ezCater’s two lawyer legal team in supporting our rapidly growing business. This person will work closely with ezCater lawyers and our internal clients to efficiently and effectively provide legal support for the Company. This person also will work independently on matters that keep the legal team organized and operating at a high level. If you are a detail-oriented and organized team player who likes to work in a fast-paced environment, and you have experience supporting legal departments, we should talk!
What you’ll do:
- Organize and maintain the database of all ezCater contracts. This will include (i) obtaining signatures for all agreements, (ii) updating the database as new agreements are executed and existing agreements are amended, renewed or terminated, and (iii) establishing alerts to notify business owners of upcoming renewals and terminations.
- Support the legal team in responding to internal client requests. This will include information intake from internal clients, responding to requests, tracking the status of open items and coordinating with stakeholders across departments.
- Create workflows tailored to the needs of specific teams (for example, a workflow for contract review from client request to signature), focusing on increased efficiencies and avoiding unnecessary bureaucracy.
- Use creative problem-solving to implement process improvements that increase the legal team’s productivity and improve client outcomes.
- Assist the legal team in drafting templated agreements, contract amendments, extensions, termination notices and letters.
- Assist with corporate transactions/matters, including compiling and organizing materials for financings, M&A transactions and potential public company filings.
- Provide litigation support, including responding to third party subpoena requests and lien filings and assisting with first party discovery.
- Provide additional legal assistance such as contract review, legal research and tracking laws.
- Provide high quality administrative support to the legal team.
- Have 5+ years corporate work experience in a legal department or law firm
- Have a passion for organization, detail and efficiency
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency
- Can multi-task and prioritize a large work volume
- Work well collaboratively as well as independently
- Have a positive attitude and are a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Salary Range: $95,000 - $124,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.