Sr. Corporate Counsel, Commercial at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT)
Lucid Software offers a leading Visual Collaboration Suite that helps teams see and build the future from idea to reality. With its products—Lucidchart, Lucidspark and Lucidscale—teams can align around a shared vision, clarify complexity, and collaborate visually, no matter where they're located. Top businesses use Lucid's products all around the world, including customers such as Google, GE, and NBC Universal. Lucid's partners include industry leaders such as Google, Atlassian, and Microsoft.
With a fast-growing team of more than 1,000 employees, we are committed to maximizing collaboration and innovation in the workplace through our products and with our people. Lucid is a hybrid, remote-friendly workplace, providing employees the flexibility to work where they are most productive, whether that’s at home, in the office, or a combination of the two.
We hold true to our core values: innovation in everything we do, passion & excellence in every area, individual empowerment, initiative and ownership, and teamwork over ego. At Lucid, we welcome diversity and are dedicated to creating an environment and culture that is respectful and inclusive for everyone.
Since the company’s founding, Lucid has received numerous global and regional recognitions for its products, business, and workplace culture. These include being named a Fortune Best Workplace in Technology and a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, inclusion on the Forbes Cloud 100, and placing #19 on G2’s Best Software Products for 2022 list.
If you’d like to confirm job application information found on other hiring websites, please contact us directly at: [email protected]
Lucid is seeking a talented and energetic lawyer to support negotiations with customers, vendors, partners and resellers. The role involves drafting, negotiating, and advising on a range of commercial arrangements and being the primary legal support for Lucid’s procurement process.
The role reports to the Director of Legal, Commercial and is located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
About The Team
Lucid’s legal team is a diverse group of lawyers and legal professionals with a shared passion for providing collaborative, creative and best-in-class service to our business partners. We go above and beyond to help accelerate and protect the business. We’re looking for a builder who can successfully work across the legal team, as well as the broader company.
Our mission is to help teams see and build the future. And we hold true to our core values of: (1) Innovation in everything we do; (2) Passion & excellence in every area; (3) Providing individual empowerment, initiative and ownership; and (4) Teamwork over ego.
- Undergraduate and Juris Doctor from highly regarded schools and member of a state bar
- 7+ years combined legal experience in a software company, procurement or commercial function, and/or in a law firm counseling rapid-growth technology companies
- Strong transactional experience negotiating customer, vendor and partnership agreements, particularly in a SaaS environment
- Demonstrated experience providing practical, actionable advice that balances legal risk and business impact in a dynamic environment, and an ability to communicate risks and impact to business partners in plain English
- Experience creating and scaling processes, policies, and systems to help streamline, simplify, and automate procurement for a rapidly growing company
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Curious and motivated to elevate Lucid’s legal department to the next level
- Support business teams in structuring transactions, drafting, and negotiating agreements with customers, vendors, and partnerships, including all forms of procurement, service, partnership, and technology agreements
- Be able to negotiate contracts and answer questions related to global data privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Provide advice on managing associated risks and strengthening relationships with suppliers
- Proactively reduce the time that the business must spend on procurement negotiation and approvals
- Work closely with Finance, Legal and cross-functional teams to shape and improve Lucid’s procurement policies and procedures to enable both legal and business functions to scale
- Assist in updating sales and procurement templates, drafting corporate policies and processes, ensuring contractual requirements are adhered to, and developing training materials on relevant topics related to company procurement processes
- Advise stakeholders regarding relevant issues and risks in our commercial contracts, and ensure our agreements reflect our internal corporate policies and processes.
- Contribute to the formulation of playbook positions and the continuous improvement of department processes and templates.
- Expertise with subscription and/or SaaS technology industry
- Experience with Coupa or other procurement technologies