In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
About the Team
The mission of the Product Legal team is to facilitate the proactive delivery of legal services through each phase of the product development lifecycle to improve the consistency, transparency, quality and efficiency of legal services to support Zoom's global product development and marketing organizations. As Product Counsel at Zoom, we help build the solutions that bring teams together to get more done in a frictionless and secure video environment.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and creative attorney to support Zoom's core products and machine learning initiatives that fulfill Zoom's mission of developing a people-centric cloud service that unifies our customers' meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications.
In this role you will:
- Partner with product teams to understand product, engineering, design, and operational implications of new products and initiatives.
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, marketing, and business development throughout the product development cycle on new products and the implementation of technological solutions.
- Work closely with our Privacy, Compliance, Trust & Safety, IP, Commercial, Security and other legal teams to provide legal advise to Zoom's Product and Engineering teams.
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance on the design and modification of products, proactively identify associated risks and recommend mitigation strategies, review product user experiences to ensure legal compliance and proper disclosures, and help document guidance for consumption by members of both the legal and product teams.
- You have 12+ years of relevant legal experience
- You have In-house experience as a product counsel at a technology company, ideally at a SaaS company. AI/Machine Learning experience is a plus.
- You have a strong passion to work in a mutually-supportive team environment with an attitude to deliver happiness
- You have sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- You have strong collaboration skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams, build consensus among stakeholders, and maintain strong relations at all levels across the organization.
- You take ownership of projects and tasks which, in some cases, will be matters of first impression
- You have a JD from a top school and Admission to a state bar
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .