In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
About the Team
The mission of the Product Legal team is to facilitate the proactive delivery of legal services through each phase of the product development lifecycle to improve the consistency, transparency, quality and efficiency of legal services to support Zoom's global product development and marketing organizations. We support Zoom's mission and growth strategy through close alignment and timely engagement with our clients and SMEs to grow and scale the business and mitigate risk. In this role, you will work on interesting and complex legal issues, including novel issues of first impression, as we help build the solutions that bring people together through a frictionless video-first communication platform.
About the Role
As Senior Product Counsel, you will play an important role in the product legal function for Zoom with a primary responsibility of supporting the Zoom Events and Marketplace teams working on Zoom Events, OnZoom, Zoom's App Store, and a variety of other products and services.
In this role you will:
- Partner with product teams to understand product, engineering, design, and operational implications of new products and initiatives.
- Conduct legal product reviews and advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, marketing, and business development throughout the product development lifecycle
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to Zoom's products and services.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Regularly meet with internal teams (e.g. product) to understand strategies, roadmaps, and initiatives, and advise on new features, activities, markets, etc., to ensure alignment.
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance on the design and modification of products, proactively identify associated risks and recommend mitigation strategies, review product user experiences to ensure legal compliance and proper disclosures, and help document guidance for consumption by members of both the legal and product teams.
- Review, draft and negotiate various types of agreements-including software licenses and vendor, and partnership agreements.
- You have 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- You have experience with technology licensing, developer tools, integrations, or related products or features preferred, along with some of the legal issues we regularly face - such as privacy and data protection, content regulation, intellectual property, marketing, and consumer protection - and a willingness to learn about the rest along with entirely new areas of law.
- You have In-house experience as a product counsel at a technology company preferred (bonus points for SaaS experience).
- You have strong collaboration skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams, build consensus among stakeholders, and maintain strong relations at all levels across the organization.
- You take ownership of projects and tasks which, in some cases, will be matters of first impression.
- You are open to adapting your practice in response to a fluid and expanding product roadmap.
- Admission to a state bar.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .