Senior Paralegal/Legal Operations Manager at Talend
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:46 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 3, 2021
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
- Ownership of legal support operations software solutions and other tools, including contract lifecycle management system, outside counsel billing software, invoice processing systems, risk management reporting, and project management.
- Identify and scope needs, manage design, rollout and training for new legal department technology tools and systems with a constant view to improving operational efficiency.
- Identify, track and report on key operational metrics to inform decision-making and provide visibility to business partners on legal resource allocation.
- Assist with intake, review, tracking, and filing of a wide variety of legal contracts and agreements; manage outside counsel compliance with billing guidelines.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date processes and procedure documentation.
- Assistance with preparation of key presentations and documents including board and committee books, executive presentations on key legal topics, legal trainings, legal policies, and staff meetings.
- Corporate entity management: maintaining global entity structure database, manage and maintain minute books, director and officer designations, signature authority, and other corporate records for subsidiaries worldwide; maintain corporate registrations and filings, foreign qualification compliance, business licenses, and other corporate entity needs.
- Maintain form libraries, legal intranet, and other shared departments resources.
- Support legal department financial management including budgeting, forecasting, accruals, invoices, purchase requests, and vendor management.
- Support and manage due diligence, execution, and closing in a variety of corporate transactions including corporate finance, M&A, and strategic partnerships.
- Respond to requests for information and documents from internal and external auditors, regulators, internal business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the legal departments’ policies, processes and procedures; provide trainings to business partners as needed.
- Assist with special legal projects and tasks as required.
- Stay knowledgeable on trends in legal software and technology
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience as a paralegal/ legal operations manager at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Exceptional organizational skills are a must.
- Self-starter, motivated to identify areas for and implement practical solutions to improve legal department operations efficiency.
- Business-minded outlook with continuous drive to achieve operational excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; rigorous; meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to organize, prioritize and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Demonstrates ownership and initiative to drive successful outcomes on-time and on-budget.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm.
- Best in class MS office skills; tech-savvy.
- Paralegal certification strongly preferred.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description