In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
About the Team
The IP Team at Zoom is a collaborative group of IP legal professionals dedicated to creating and protecting Zoom's intellectual property. Together, we handle all aspects of IP for Zoom's cutting edge products and business units across the globe. As Senior IP Litigation Paralegal at Zoom, you will work alongside IP counsel and collaborate with different teams across the organization, including legal, engineering, business, finance, marketing and others.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the IP function within Zoom, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Your primary responsibility will be to support Zoom's IP litigation, transactional, and acquisition teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a positive attitude. Someone who works collaboratively with others and takes ownership of projects. In this role, you will:
- Conduct investigations and lead document collection and production efforts related to pre-litigation matters, filed lawsuits and third party subpoenas.
- Support or drive case management such as workflows, task lists, status updates, timing, and overall case organization.
- Organize and maintain a variety of legal files.
- Lead projects and tasks within a broader legal strategy.
- Liaise with internal and external counsel on a day-to-day basis.
- Onboard outside counsel, provide procedural guidance to law firms and manage outside counsel guidelines.
- Facilitate execution and payment of invoices and agreements.
- Assist in developing, updating, and tracking budget projections.
- Respond to third party subpoenas and negotiate non-disclosure agreements.
- You have 7+ years of IP litigation experience as a paralegal at a major law firm + experience working inhouse at a technology company
- You have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college. A Paralegal degree/certificate is a plus but not required
- You have experience with patent litigation, including discovery and e-discovery tasks, at an in-house legal department
- You are a high performer who is flexible and adaptable. You are someone who loves to learn and operates with a high degree of integrity and business acumen
- You are able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced environment
- You are a fast learner with a demonstrated ability to work and communicate globally and across cultures
- You are extremely organized and have outstanding problem solving skills
- You are proficient in G Suite products and have familiarity with software and SaaS technologies
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .