"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 52 million people together each day through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As Sr. Litigation Counsel, you’ll manage Reddit’s litigation portfolio and work with a variety of teams advising on Reddit’s fundamental strategy regarding claims. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law, all while functioning independently in a demanding fast-paced environment. You will use your drive and experience to make a big impact on Reddit.
If you’re passionate about the law and love a challenging, team-focused, fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Defining and implementing litigation strategy for Reddit
- Managing all litigation and disputes for Reddit including complex cases and class actions
- Advising internal stakeholders including leadership from across the business to ensure a coordinated response to legal challenges
- Working closely with and advise Reddit’s Legal Policy team
- Partnering with product lawyers and the Public Policy team to assess the impact of new legislation
What We Can Expect From You:
- 6+ years relevant experience; JD from top law school; admitted to the Bar
- Expertise in content regulation (worldwide view preferred), privacy law, and freedom of expression
- Expertise on intermediary liability issues such as Section 230
- Experience in handling class action litigation a plus
- Experience managing a variety of cases with substantial international experience
- Ability to work as a team player and serve cross-functional roles
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business
- Demonstrated eagerness and drive to continue learning
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].