Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Due to our continued growth, we have an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and talented EU-qualified commercial technology lawyer to join our EMEA legal team. The ideal candidate will be responsible primarily for supporting Confluent´s EMEA Sales organisation in structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, and may have additional responsibilities as needed in support of Confluent’s business. In this role, you will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel EMEA. Limited travel may be required. The successful candidate will be fluent in English and at least one other European language.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in an in-house legal department in the IT industry and/or top tier law firm
- Significant experience negotiating cloud service agreements, license and support agreements, and technology subscription agreements with large enterprise customers
- Extensive knowledge to collaborate with Partners, Resellers and Distributors
- Experience with open-source licensing and business models is a plus
- Experience with EU data protection laws
- Experience and aptitude working cross-functionally with internal organisations to resolve questions and concerns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business level English. Other European languages are a plus
- Ability to use sound judgment to address complex issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between legal and business requirements
- Ability to communicate complex contract issues in clear business terms to enable efficient resolution
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a focus on business issues
- Ability to inspire and mentor legal department team mates
- Software industry in-house legal experience is a huge plus
The candidate would be expected to work remotely and/or from one of our local offices in EMEA.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
More Information on Confluent
Confluent operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in Mountain View, CA. Confluent was founded in 2014. It has 1682 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 198 open jobs at Confluent, click here.
Read Full Job Description