Senior Legal Counsel - Commercial at Sophia Genetics (Boston, MA)
Our AI SaaS Platform enables smarter, more data-driven ways to make decisions in healthcare, radically improving the outcomes for Cancer & Rare Disease patients globally.
As our organisation grows through North America, we are now looking for the commercial guidance and technical support of a Senior Legal Counsel to support our commercial activities.
This role partners and interacts highly with Executive Team members locally in our Boston office. We have an office-first hybrid environment. This is not a remote opportunity.
You will provide legal advice, support and guidance on commercial, sales and contract processes to our colleagues in the US.
Using your knowledge of commercial and healthcare law, as well as technology IP and Data Protection, you will provide drafting, negotiation and business counsel support to key commercial transactions, driving projects to completion and helping to mitigate critical legal and business risks.
The Senior Legal Counsel will be responsible for leading, managing and providing legal support for a broad range of commercial law matters and will foster a culture of knowledge-sharing and collaborative working with counterparts across the legal, commercial, bio-pharma and business development functions.
You will also be a go-to partner for all legal matters by our US based leaders, regularly engaging with members of the senior leadership team. Key stakeholders include CFO, Chief Business Officer, Chief Revenue Officer and Chief BioPharma Officer.
This role reports directly to our Chief Legal Officer and works autonomously for the defined business area, supported by the wider legal & compliance team.
- Qualified Lawyer in the US.
- 5 years (post qualification) experience, with commercial industry exposure in Medical Devices, Diagnostics, Health Tech, Biotech, Pharma or similar Life Sciences is highly sought.
- Additional exposure to a Software, SaaS or Technology environment is beneficial.
- Expertise in areas of US life sciences/healthcare laws (such as Sunshine laws, anti-kickback Statute, False Claims Act, Bribery Act), data protection/privacy and pricing laws and regulations and industry codes (e.g., HIPAA)
- Demonstrable ability to understand complex matters and develop and recommend innovative solutions that help the business achieve its goals while mitigating risks
- Adept at prioritization, adaptable and eager to work in fast-paced start-up and capable of taking autonomous leadership of the US Legal Function.
- Dynamic, with strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills such that can communicate and partner effectively with people of differing cultures, expertise and backgrounds.
You will be joining an organisation with the patient at the heart of every decision and action, driven by purpose as we drive exponential growth.
Business recognition and accolades include:
- World's most innovative companies (Top 10)
- World's smartest companies (Top 50)
- 100 Best Places to Work in Boston
- Top 10 European Tech Startup - 2020
- Top 10 European biotechs startup to watch - 2021
- Top 25 East-Coast Biotech to watch - 2021
This is an office-based role with a hybrid (3 Days in office) work agreement.
- A flexible, friendly and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- Outstanding Medical(with Telemedicine), Dental, and Vision Plans with 90% employer contributions, including $0 deductible plans options!!!
- Life and AD&D company provided
- Company 4% match 401K contributions
- Company paid short and long term disability insurance
- FSA options available
- Supplemental employee insurance options available for Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Legal
- Voluntary Pet Insurance and Auto and Home options
- Employer Assistance Program free for all employees
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with a worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment - work with colleagues around the world
- Flexible hours, HYBRID work schedules
- Exchanges and collaborations with experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.)
- Passionate colleagues working to make a real different in patient care. Help us change the world!
Apply now with your CV and any supporting information. For further information, contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Lead for Executive Recruitment.
Suitably qualified candidates will be invited through an interview and screening process where you will speak with members of our Talent Acquisition Team, the hiring leader alongside key colleagues and stakeholder from across the business.
Starting Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent