Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in technology and financial services. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS employs a team of highly skilled attorneys and paraprofessionals, working collaboratively and collegially, to provide top-quality legal services to FIS' internal stakeholders. The FIS legal department is a diverse, yet cohesive group of professionals focused on the cooperative and efficient leveraging of its worldwide resources to best address the sophisticated issues and opportunities facing a leading provider in one of the most rapidly growing sectors in the tech industry.
What you will be doing
The ideal candidate has 8 to 15 years of experience as an intellectual property attorney with a background in the financial services and/or computer software industry. The candidate will report to the Chief Intellectual Property Counsel and be primarily responsible for handling Intellectual property and technology transactions. Additionally, the attorney will work with the Chief Intellectual Property Counsel and IP legal team to manage, maintain and enforce FIS' worldwide intellectual property assets, and handle a variety of intellectual property legal issues related to patents, copyrights, trademarks, open source, licensing, and other types of transactional work including joint ventures and M&A matters. The attorney will also assist other attorneys in the Legal Department with review and analysis of intellectual property issues in technology transactions and agreements. The intellectual property team is also responsible for implementing strategies, programs and procedures to protect, develop and maintain the worldwide intellectual property rights of FIS.
What you should bring
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school
- Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Currently licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- 8 to 15 years of experience in the practice of law with an emphasis on IP and Technology Transactions
- Prior financial services software and technology experience is desirable.
- Team player mentality with strong communication, drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent business judgment, as well as the ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work both independently and cross-functionally are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong intellectual property legal background and experience in a law firm or as part of an in-house legal team.
- Target candidates must be enthusiastic, diligent and demonstrate sound judgment in face of challenging and sometimes competing demands.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The opportunity to work with a dedicated, close-knit group of talented attorneys in the emerging and evolving space of technology and financial services
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.